Chapter One

Look, I never wanted this to be my life. But, I was born with this destiny. You want to run into this true story blind? Be my guest...Just know that I warned you. So this is my story...My legend...from the beginning.

"Lizzy! Wake up, will you?" a girl said. She said it right into my ear, making me basically jump out of my skin and scare her.

"Jesus, Sis. Why do you have to wake me up like that?" I mumble crankily, throwing my covers off, touching my feet down to the cold floor.

"I don't, but it's always fun to," my sister, Sarah, squeaked and ran out of the room. I sighed and threw a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on, brushing my hair with my fingers as I walked to the kitchen and sat down, groaning as I bumped my arm into the side of the table.

"Mom!" I yelled, wondering where she was, "Where are you?" I heard something scuffle against the floor in my mom's room; I got up slowly, listening. "Mom?" I asked quietly, taking soft steps towards her room. Suddenly something knocked a glass object off of a dresser or a shelf. I swore and ran forward, opening the door and gasping when I saw that there was a horse, with wings, stuck in my mother's bedroom. It whinnied and tried flapping its wings, knocking yet another vase off of mom's dresser. I walked up to it slowly, my arms out as it calmly looked at me, and I noticed a saddle with stitching on the side, and it said...I shook my head, unbelieving. Stitched on the saddle in orange thread lettering, read 'Elizabeth Clare Loyce ', my name.

"What are you?" I asked the horse, and jump back as someone behind me screams. I whip my head around and stare at Sarah, who was still screaming. The horse stomped the ground with a hoof, and Sarah's scream tampered off, replaced by an "Oh" of wonder. I sighed and walked up to the horse, who wasn't the least bit scared, and I reached a hand towards his nose. Surprisingly, he leaned his head into my hand, sniffing at my face. I laughed and brushed my hand along his soft black and brown side, feeling the power tensed into his muscles. I ran my fingers over the lettering of my name, and a spark flew into me, running throughout my body Everything turned black as I collapsed against the animal's side.