Under The Mask: Moana Sees it All

CHAPTER 1

WHEN WE MET

I can tell why kids don't like church. All you do there is hope for a cute boy to walk by your pew. Max fell asleep,so mom took him to the car to sleep in his car seat which is more comfortable then a wooden bench. We all rose, and left our pews one by one. When I got up I looked to my right and saw what I always wish for.....A cute boy! It was a miracle. He looked and stood like a prince. We both took a quick glance at each other, and then looked straight at the floor. He finally said something. He whispered it because he didn't want the old ladies to be interrupted by teenage voices. He whispered "Are you from here if so I would like to have a friend to guide me around Barker." This was my pathetic response "Ye-ah I was here ever since I was...." He finished my sentence for me with the word "little." I seemed like a total fool talking to him. I wish I could go back in time to fix what I said.

After church I found the boy in the church's back alley. I ran up to him and introduced myself "Hi, I'm Moana we met in the line for holy bread, and I heard your looking for a friend?" he responded "Yeah! by the way my name is Hunter and yes I am looking for a friend would you be interested?" I thought about it for a awhile and responded happily with a yes! I thought to myself I'm going to be the coolest senior in high school because I'm hanging out with my "prince"

CHAPTER 2

HIGH SCHOOL

Today was my last year at Barker high school. It's kind of sad because your leaving your school and all of your friends go to different colleges and then you have to start all over making new friends and learning allot more stuff. The kids at my school are weird. Some are mean, nice, to nice, and some act like they are from a different planet. There is this one girl named Melony, who thinks she is popular but nobody likes her. She always says stuff behind people's back; like last year instead of calling me Moana she called me doughnut. Oh, I was so Made at her.

I went to class B6 and sat down next to Hunter who was in that class we talked and had some laughs until I noticed what teacher it was. The teacher was Ms. Fondoraz who is the meanest teacher in the whole school! Last year she made my friend Brooke cry but Brooke is lucky because she's in college now. Melony walked in the class room looking around and made a weird face when she saw me. I got up and tried to charge and swing at here but Hunter held new down noticing I didn't like her and she didn't like me. Melony went to go sit with her friends who all ready started gossip. The bell rang and the students hit the halls in a steaming outrage.

CHAPTER 3

LUNCH

Today in lunch I sat next to Hunter and my other friend Macy. I looked around looking for Melony and seeing what she was doing."Stop being so on top of Melony, who cares what she says,worry about yourself."Hunter said as he noticed who I was looking for. The principal grabbed the microphone and started off saying "Good morning students! We are going to have a really fun year this year...." A kid interrupted him shouting "YEAH RIGHT!" Thinking he was being funny. Well he went on talking about the rules even though we know them by heart. He ended with the Barker high school motto " Be kind,loyal,and wise 'till infinity ends..GOOOOO BULL DOGS!"

After lunch I went to my locker to grab my books and I hear laughing. Not your normal laugh. Not your scary laugh. It was...MELONY! I slammed my locker door shut ran up to Melony and her "crew" and went dead smack in the face with a punch. The punch felt so good. It was like my anger flew right out of me. Everyone saw it. Students started to bring out teachers and tell the nurse.

CHAPTER 4

IS MELONY HURT

"I really didn't mean to hurt Melony that bad (I was lying)" I said explaining this to the principal who was Mr. Kope. "Well, Melony probably over exaggerated the hit"He claimed. I corrected him saying it was a real punch. Mr. Kope let me off the hook because he knows how dramatic Melony could be so dramatic he said let's put this behind us and say it was nobodies fault.