Prologue - My Story

*Click*

In the beginning were the Precursors. They were here long before us, before anything really. That's a weird thought isn't it? To think that there were beings around while we were still monkeys, or before Adam and Eve. It's however you want to look at it.

Truth is I don't know what I believe. I don't know about gods or... Mr. God, whatever it is ya'll call him.

All that I do know, is that I'm in way over my head. Drowning, really.

Sorry. I don't mean to get all deep and thoughtful on you so soon. That's my bad. I should probably introduce myself.

My name's Allison Grear, my friends call me Al. I'm fifteen years old, and I go to school, play softball, and generally enjoy spending time outside. I like to read too, when I find the time.

Things were going good in my life, they really were. I had my best friend Barbara Adams to hang out with, and things were always great with her. My parents too, were good; have always been good. I even had a crush on the new boy at school. Everything was just as fine and dandy as it could be.

But that's where everything changes.

It's time I finally sit down and get everything off of my chest. I have to tell somebody, so thanks for listening. Okay, here we go. I can do this.

I'm Allison Grear and this is my story.