Chapter 1

Julian was getting ready for class and left a note for Garak when he wakes up. As he got his phone he noticed that his boyfriend's nostrils were flaring. He gently stroked Garak's cheek and Julian found that it felt quite cool to the touch. He decided to leave some water out for his mysterious and very handsome boyfriend along with some toast in case he's hungry. As Julian walked to the bus stop he realized that Garak has been acting odd the past few days. He complained about being cold, he would spend a long time in the bathroom, and one time he hissed. Julian wondered if Garak was coming down with something or maybe the AC was broken. Either way he was getting a little bit worried about his boyfriend. Julian decided to text Garak during his lunch break to make sure that he was alright. He thought about what he would do if his boyfriend was sick. Maybe get him some medicine and some boxes of tissues. Although Garak was a very healthy man and he has not been sick even once since the year they have been together so it was probably just a little bit of stomach ache so there was absolutely nothing to worry about at all.  But he decided to check on him later when he was some free time between classes. Perhaps Julian will get an egg sandwich for Garak when he gets home. His boyfriend may be quite hungry when he gets home but he may already have some food.
_______________________________________

Garak woke up and Julian wasn't in the bed with him, but his scent was there.

He found a plate of nice smelling fresh buttery  toast next to a small note. Garak's mouth was watering and his stomach was growling loudly so he ate the toast. He read the note carefully and found that he was alone so he changed into his true form.

Garak did have to admit that it did feel good to stretch his tail out but being in human form had some pluses too such as not having to worry about humans or his boyfriend freaking out about his appearance.

He got up and stretched his long legs. Garak went to the living room and turned the TV on to watch the morning news, appearantly there has been a robbery at his tailor shop. Which made him very angry.

But not much was stolen so he won't have any trouble replacing the few items. That's when he suddenly felt sick to his stomach and Garak rushed to the bathroom where he threw up. Which was odd since he barely had anything to eat this morning and he wasn't even sick at all. Garak's stomach felt like it was churning and being thrown all over the place. He then had a shocking thought on why he was feeling like this.

Garak could have gotten pregnant.

He and Julian had quite a lot of sex last night, he was far away from other Cardassians, and he is in heat. But Garak wasn't even sure if Julian would even want to keep the baby or how he would even react if he finds out that his boyfriend is pregnant with his child and that he isn't human. He had thought about having a child but he didn't know if he could ever be a good parent after what his own father had done to him as a mere child. Garak got his medical tricorder out to see if his theory was correct or not. To his surprise according to the readings there were two hearts instead of one.

So in one year or so there is going to be three residents in Garak's house instead of two.

But what will he tell Julian when his stomach is the size of a beach ball and is on the verge of labor, should he tell him that he's not human or just try to hide the pregnancy? Garak wasn't sure what to do now and he did have doubts that his boyfriend would want to keep the baby or would be comfortable with dating a Cardassian. Still he won't start showing till he's on the fifth month of his pregnancy so he had some time to decide what to do. Garak decided to research about human pregnancies so that he knows what to expect. He was a bit surprised by how much more food he is going to need for a half human baby. But Garak was sure that he can do whatever he needs to for his child. He placed a hand on his stomach and found that it felt warmer.

Garak heard his human phone vibrate and took a look, Julian had sent him a message. He was asking if he was feeling alright since his temperature was quite low. Garak replied that he had a stomach bug and was feeling better. Julian sent him another message saying that he would have lunch with him at home. Garak replied that he's glad that he doesn't have to wait for very long to see him. Julian sent him a heart emoji as he changed into his human form so that his boyfriend wouldn't freak out.

Garak put his phone down and started making lunch for him and Julian. He decided to make chicken soup since he did enjoy it and hopefully the baby may like it too. Garak could already tell that his child will already be dictating what he can eat.

He suddenly had the craving for raw fish with potato chips and he could hear his stomach growl loudly. Garak looked in the fridge and found some leftover salmon that was still good. He ate the salmon and some chips so that he wouldn't be all hungry. However Garak still felt very hungry so he decided to have some crackers. His belly seemed to be begging for more food. Garak was a bit surprised by how much food the baby already needed, since he or she was so small. However he has had some experience with child care when his aunts and uncles needed him to babysit their kids while they were working off world. So he won't be completely clueless about taking care of his own child. Still human children and Cardassian children had very different physical & emotional needs. Hopefully Garak can learn all that he needs to know for his Cardassian Human hybrid child.