The Mysterious Girl

On a dark stormy night, in the 19th Century, at an orphanage near a town called Valencia a young girl with short blonde hair and ragged clothes appears at the front door. A worker comes to the door and when she opens it flashes of lighting and crahes of thunder happen.

"What is a young girl like yourself doing all the way out here by yourself" the worker asks.

"I didn't start my journey by myself" the girl replies.

"Who were you traveling with then and how did you get separated?"

"I was traveling with my twin brother until we got separated by a band of thieves that attacked a village that we were staying at."

"Was your brother killed or captured in the attack" the owner asks causing the girl to cry.

"Should I take her to one of our free beds" a worker asks.

"Yes but I have two more questions to ask her first if that's alright."

"Please ask away i'm happy to answer them" the girl replies as if she were raised by a rich and proper high class sociey family.

"Very well then, i would like to ask your name and age along with where you come from."

"My name is Rin, age 7, and where i was born and lived is a mystery to everyone" the girl remarks with a faint smirk before being led out of the room.

"She is a very strange girl with a mysterious aura around her" the owner thinks to herself.

The worker leads Rin through many doors and hallways until they come to a door with a sign that reads "ages 5-10". Rin studies the area as if she were searching for someone that may be watching or ready to attack. The worker opens the door to a room full of girls and a row of beds along the walls with a window between every other one. When they walk into the room all the girls stop what they were doing and walk over to them.

"Who is this Ms.Adaline" a girl with turquoise colored hair in pigtails asks.

"Her name is Rin and she will be staying with us now" Ms.Adaline replies.

"We'll make sure she's taken care of while she's here" a girl with long ginger-like colored hair with black cat ears says.

"Thank you and if you could show her which bed belongs to her and tell her the rules it would be appreciated."

"Yes Ms.Adaline" the girls reply before grabbing Rin and taking her to a bed next to a window showing the garden.

"This will be your bed while you stay here" the girl with pigtails says.

"Thank you but I don't even know your names" Rin replies.

"My name is Michaela and the girl with cat ears is Serena" the girl with pigtails replies.

"Who are the girls in the corner?"

"The one with long white hair is Yui and the one with short brown hair is Miranda" Serena answers "they can always be found together."

"Is there only four of you living in this room?"

"No, there are two others but they are visiting someone else who lives here."

Just then the windows fly open allowing a crow to fly in and a bolt of lightning to hit right outside the window by the girls. This startles them and everyone except for Rin screams and jumps under the covers of their beds. Michaela and Serena look up from under the covers to see Rin standing in what appears to be a daze. The girls come out of their beds and walk over to her.

"Are you alright Rin" Michaela asks growing concerned when she does not reply.

"Do you think she got so scared that she can't bring herself to move and talk" Serena asks.

"I don't think that's the reason" Michaela says before walking over to the window and closing it which appears to end the daze Rin was in.

"What happened" Rin asks seeming to not know what had occurred.

"The storm caused the window to fly open and seemed to make you go into a daze" Yui replies emotionlessly.

"That happens sometimes because it reminds me of something that happened in the past."

"What happened in the past" Michaela asks.

"I don't like to talk about my past" Rin replies, "it brings back too many painful memories."

"You must have had a really painful past to make you scared to talk about it" Serena responds sincerely.

"Yes and most of it circles around my brother and I living on our own."

"If you don't want to talk about it then you don't have to but it's getting late so we should be getting to sleep" Miranda says.