A Different Approach (Assassin's Creed Rogue Fanfiction)

AN: I have never ever written a male on male story before. I myself am straight as a whistle. However, I truly saw something between Shay Cormac and George Monro in Assassin's Creed Rogue and seeing how niche that pairing is, I wanted to give that a try. My apologies if I have butchered anyone's sexual orientation.

Shay angrily walked through the burning wreckage of Albany that the Assassin's had surely left in their wake. It appeared to be Kesegowaase's doing, but Shay needed to know for sure. As Shay hurried through the building smoke, the sight of the Colonel caught his eye. His tricorn hat and powdered wig were unmistakable. 

"This is Kesogowaase's work isn't it?" Shay questioned rapidly as he took in the sight of the damage inflicted upon the city. 

"I believe it is. Though I have not yet seen the devil." George Monro responded. Shay was bewildered that he was still as soft spoken and calm as he always appeared to be. Only slightly louder than usual. 

George removed a familiar brown leather book from the folds of his robes and attempted to hand it to the Templar sympathesizer. The manuscript that held the key to life and death for possibly dozens of cities and hundreds of thousands of lives. 

"The manuscript, you-" he began calmly before Shay interrupted him, equally as calm.

"Keep it safe." he told him, looking him intently in his pale and yet kind blue eyes. "Bring it back to the Morrigan." The Colonel seemed surprised and almost confused that Shay was trusting him with the manuscript. Shay gave him a friendly smile.

"That's an order." Shay followed up. The Colonel scoffed in a vain attempt to hide his amusement. 

"Who are to give me orders?" he asked quickly. "I outrank you." Shay opened his arms as he backed away from him, smile still etched on his cheeks. 

"I'm not apart of your army Colonel. I'll take care of the defenses until you get back."

GEORGE MONRO POV:

I allowed myself to chuckle as Shay went off to deal with the Assassin's.  I even felt heat begin to rush to my weathered pale cheeks. I had always seen a lot of potential in Shay Cormac. He could become the best among us in no time at all. I had told so to Grand Master Haytham Kenway, myself.

I continued my way to the Morrigan, but just as I turned a corner, I heard a rustling in a nearby bush and turned just in time to avoid a  swing of an ax. My attacker was clearly an Assassin. His hood gave him away. My mind was on both the manuscript and my own life. I knew the safety of the world rested in my hands. Quite literally. 

I instinctively turned on my heels away from the Assassin and hurried as fast as my legs could carry me to the Morrigan. My men seemed to realize what was happening and attempted to intervene. But the Assassin was too fast, and he plowed through them like a knife would to cheese. 

Finally the Assassin's breath could nearly be felt on the back of my neck, when he leaped forward, tackling me to the ground. The manuscript inside my jacket collided with my chest and I could feel the bruise beginning to form. Before I could worry about that though, the Assassin made to extend his hidden blade. 

I could feel the end coming for me. The last words I called out was Shay's name. I begged him to come and help me. My entire life flashed before my eyes. The last year me and Shay had been working together. How he had saved me at Fort William Henry. It was all for naught now. Master Cormac would just have to save the rest of America without me it seemed...

But then I felt the weight of the Assassin come off my chest as Shay himself hurried and tackled the Assassin off of me. In between punches Shay called out to me: