Prologue

"Ivy come on I don't want to be here." I tried to pull my best friend away from the crowded living room she was headed to. One of our class mates was throwing an end of summer party, the last one before we start grade 12.

Ivy turned to me and took my face in her hands, "Have some fun for once Mal!"

I pouted, "Ivy, I am fun! It's this party that is not fun! Look around, there are way too many people here."

Ivy gazed around the room, not really looking at all the people surrounding us but looking for someone in particular. When she spotted him a smile lit up her face.

"Come on Mallory. I think Keaton brought a friend."

I rolled my eyes as Ivy grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her boyfriend.

"Hey! Girls over here!" Keaton called us over.

We had finally maneuvered our way through the crowd of people when a very drunk girl bumped into my shoulder and knocked me flat on my butt. I groaned when my behind made impact with the floor.

"I fucking hate crowded parties" I swore under my breath.

"Tell me about it." A hand grabbed my elbow, helping me to my feet.

I looked up wondering who was sober enough to notice me fall. When I met the eyes of the stranger, I was shocked. Maddox Taylor, the schools infamous ladies man. I had heard stories about him and his colourful history in the bedroom. As I stood so close to him I understood why girls threw themselves at his feet. He was undeniably attractive. His brown hair fell over his forehead just enough so you could still see his dark eyes. His jaw and neck screamed kiss me. His core muscles flexed under his t-shirt when he pulled me up off the ground.

"Are you okay?" he asked, seemingly concerned.

"I am now." I said, still in a daze.

He chuckled and lowered his head, getting really close to me.

"Would you like to get out of here?" his voice fell two octaves, making clear his intent.

I frowned, turned off completely. "No, thank you."

Maddox raised his eyebrows in surprise. He was obviously not used to girls telling him no.

I turned to Ivy, who was making out with her boyfriend. "Come on Ivy. Lets get you home."

She sighed and kissed her boyfriend one last time. "I'll call you later babe."

Keaton nodded and kissed her forehead.

As we made our way out to the car I turned and glanced back at the house we had just left. Maddox was standing on the front porch staring at me as I walked away. I quickly whipped my head around and hurried to Ivy's car. After helping Ivy in I quickly got in my side and put the car into reverse.

"Ivy, how does Keaton know Maddox Taylor?" I asked as I shifted into drive.

Ivy raised an eyebrow and gave me a drunk smile, "They have been best friends since they were little. Why so curious?"

I blushed, "Just wondering."

Ivy yawned and pulled her knees to her chest. "Sure thing Mal. Sure thing."

She fell asleep quickly and I drove the roads home in silence.

--------------------

hi!!!

this is the prologue to my first book on wattpad! idk what im doing really so we are just gonna see what happens. 

thanks for reading if you actually did idk how good this is

jessica x