This is something that actually happened to me

Based on a true story

Alex smiled as she sat in the tree in the forest. She saw her best friend walk up to her and climb up beside her. Her friend, a boy named Harley, was smiling as he hung upside down from the tree and laughed. He said,” Hey Alex! Watch this!” he shouted as he did a front flip off the tree. Alex laughed then hung upside down as well,

“I can do that too!” she said as she tried to do a frontflip off the tree, she failed the landing and landed on her back.
            Alex jolted and fell out of her chair from her desk in her 4th period science class. The class laughed as she stood up and shook her head. Her friend Harley helped her up and sighed, “Alex. Have you taken your medicine today?” he asked as he straightened his glasses and looked at her accusingly. Alex sighed and shook her head no as she gathered her things and said nothing. Harley sighed, “What happened?” he whispered.

“I’ll tell you on the bus,” she said hoarsely as she got up and left the science class and went to the nurses office. She looked at a green banner that read ‘Jefferson Middle/High School, Home of the Vikings!’ she looked up and smiled as she closed her eyes.

            Alex looked at the green hills below her as she looked at her friend Harley and smiled, “Are you sure you want to do this?” she said as she walked to the back of the plane she was in. He nodded and did the same, she looked at her skydiving gear and strapped on her backpack that held a parachute and looked at Harley who was standing next to a tall and very built man. Alex smiled, “Thanks for bringing us with you Dad!” she yelled over the roar of the wind as the back hatch opened. She walked to the edge and smiled as she jumped out of the plane. She looked up and saw her father and Harley as they jumped out and she tried to pull her parachute open but something was wrong. Alex screamed as she hit the ground.
            Alex’s scream pulled her out of her own mind and she looked around and saw she was in the nurses office already. Alex sat up and hugged her knees to her chest. “Why now? Why is this getting worse?” she thought to herself. The nurse walked in and handed Alex some pills wordlessly and some water. Alex took the pills and swallowed them with the water. She coughed violently and trembled badly. The nurse handed Alex some more water and an Ipod with some headphones. Alex drank the water and put the headphones in her ears and turned on the Ipod. She turned it to a song and turned the volume up all the way. She laid down on the  bed and started to sing softly.  “I remember tears streaming down your face when you said I’ll never let you go, when all those shadows almost killed your light…”

            Alex opened her eyes and looked around, her home was on fire. She stood up and ran to the door but couldn’t open it. She heard laughing, it sounded like her mother. Alex ran from the door and to a window, she kicked the window and broke it then jumped out and ran. Everything around her was different than the trailer park she lived in. Instead everything was all white. She shuddered and walked to a dark area and the scene became a forest. There was a drumming like sound, almost like a loud heartbeat that was pulsing through the forest. Alex was terrified now, she recognized this scene from a video game she played, and if this was anything like the game she had played, she knew how this wound end. She took a deep breath and grabbed a flashlight that was sitting on the ground and began to walk. She felt like someone was following her but she remembered the number one rule of this game: Never look behind you. She kept walking forward until she saw a sheet of paper hanging from a tree. She picked it up and saw something in the corner of her eye. She took a deep breath and began running. She did this several times until she had found seven papers in various locations. She saw the last paper in front of her and slowly walked forward. She heard a loud static sound and sprinted to the old building which the paper was taped to. She felt something grab her arm and pull her back. She held her eyes shut and felt herself be thrown to the ground with such force that she was snapped in half.