Chapter 1: The Roses

One summer day, in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse realm, the mouse detective and former crime lord wandered about in the forest near, Selena's clubhouse. While walking into the forest, Basil took a deep breath and said, "It smells so good outside!" He saw a field of beautiful pink roses and walked toward it, as he was about to get near the field, Ratigan said, "Basil, I wouldn't walk in that field if I were you!" "I'll be fine, Ratigan" said Basil, "nothing's gonna happen!" Basil took another step, but Ratigan said sternly, "Kindly don't do it, Basil!" Basil took another step, "I'm warning you, Basil," Ratigan warned, "anyone who walks through the roses will fall into a deep sleep and never wake up again!" "Ok fine!"

Then without Ratigan noticing, Basil decided to walk in the field of roses. "No thorns" Basil exclaimed in fascination, "sweet!" He then runs in the field of roses. Ratigan looked over and noticed Basil running through the roses, he yelled, "BASIL, I told you not to run in that field!" Basil ignored the yelling and was having a good time, until he got tired, he let out a yawn and said, "Where's my energy?" The worried Ratigan said, "Basil, I told you not to..." but was cut of by seeing the detective being seconds away from collapsing. He caught the detective in his arms and scolded, "Basil, don't you fall asleep on me!"

Basil tiredly looked up at Ratigan and groaned, "You're right, Ratigan, these roses feel like" he yawned, "sleepy roses." Ratigan knew he should've laid a close eye on the detective, who was now tired from running in the enchanted roses, he yelled, "Basil, no, stay with me, my friend! DON'T GO TO SLEEP, YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO STAY AWAKE TOO, OH PLEASE DON'T LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTERS, SELENA, BRITNEY, AND MELANIE!" But the detective knew that he won't be awake for a long time, his last words before slumber are, "Sorry Ratigan, you're gonna have to take care of them... tell my darling daughters... I... love... them..." "Basil, I don't know how" but was cut off when Basil closed his eyes and fell into an enchanted sleep, "Basil, BASIL WAKE UP!"
He didn't respond... the former crime lord carried the sleeping detective out of the forest. All the way to a beautiful white bedroom were Ratigan laid the sleeping mouse detective to rest. He told everyone that knew Basil about the news, which devastated them, including Basil's maid, Mrs. Judson.