the letter

Dearest Dewdrop.

You are one of us.

You are a comrade, a sister, a friend,

And the love of my life.

Through hatching birth, a new life born, we have been together through it all.

From town to town, through each summoning and dance preformed, I witness your brilliant light. Each time I see you shine brighter then any star, I am reminded of why I never let you go. You bring joy to my life, you care for my child, you amuse me with your strange obsession of brilliant blue flowers and the small trinkets that gleam.

Each night when I catch you asleep high in the rafters on either mine of Divine's tent, I see your calm beauty, as well as the large scar over your blind eye. I remember finding you that day, beaten and hurt with your face torn to shreds. I remember fretting over you, making sure you were always resting and getting well, but yet you smiled. You always told me you were fine, that I need not worry over you. Of course, I never listened. I always worry for you. But I know you are strong and will survive and thrive in this cruel world.

The night you went to sleep, eye bandaged, I almost woke you again to confess my undying love for you. I only didn't because I wanted you to rest. Dear, I wish I had spoken sooner. The fire in my chest burns bright with passion and love, my heart belongs souly to you and I hope one day you may accept it and cherish it close to your heart.

But I understand you have fallen for someone else, and may that relationship bloom and thrive. I am truly glad you are happy. And I hope your smile never fades.

I do have one request that I hope you fulfill. Continue my legacy. Continue the Grimm Troupe for years to come, do not let its fire die. I hand over title of Troupe Master to you, and hopefully one day, you pass it on to my son.

With all my heart, and all of my love, I bid you ado, my dear.

Sincerely,

Grimm.