Oneshot

It was a nice,lovely day in Ponyville. In one of the houses lived two young mares. One was a unicorn named Vinyl Scratch, the other was an earth pony named Octavia. Even though they liked music, they were very different from each other. Like Applejack and Rarity, they once argued and fought. Eventually, they learned to put their differences aside. However, it took them longer to learn that lesson than Applejack and Rarity.

Vinyl was eating lunch with Octavia at their house. It was the first month of December, so the two ponies got a whole month off of work. Octavia was talking about how she is going on a date with her special somepony named Frederic Horseshoepin at three o’clock. “Do you have a special somepony?” asked Octavia. “ Sadly no.” replied Vinyl with a sad expression. “ Hey Vinyl, if you can get a special somepony by Hearts and Hooves Day, I will give you 10 bits. Do you accept the challenge?” said Octavia. Vinyl thought about it for a little bit and said the word “ Yes!” Vinyl was thinking about where she can find some stallions. Then Octavia said, “ Do you remember the fact that there is a secret admirer that sends you gifts and presents every year for Hearts and Hooves Day and Hearts Warming Eve? Because yesterday, I met your secret admirer, but I promised him not to tell you who he is.” “You did!” shouted Vinyl. “And he wanted to meet you in the music store with him at three o’clock.” added Octavia. “Really! Thank you Octavia!” said a really happy Vinyl hugging Octavia.

It was two-fifty and Vinyl was at the mall. She was sitting at the lunch table that the closest to the music store, waiting since two o’clock. So Vinyl decided to kill the last ten minutes  of two o’clock by tapping her hooves very lightly, to the table. Finally when it was three o’clock, she went inside the music store. She didn’t see anybody yet, but a few seconds later a blue unicorn stallion named Neon Lights showed up at the store. “ Could it be true? MC W1SH was my secret admirer.” thought Vinyl. And in fact, Neon Lights aka MC W1SH was her secret admirer and he had a huge crush on her for about five years. Neon was excited when he saw Vinyl, but went to buy a golden aPod Touch case with a silver music note. Vinyl was a bit sad at first because she wanted a golden aPod Touch case for a long time. Though, she decided that Neon got it first and there is always a next year. After Neon purchases his things, he went to talk to Vinyl.

“ Hi.” said Vinyl in a shyish voice. Neon replied “Hello, its really nice to be able to meet you for once.” “ Yeah, and were you the one who sends me gifts every Hearts and Hooves Day and Hearts Warming Eve?” asked Vinyl. “Lets discuss that later” said Neon.

So Neon took Vinyl’s hoof and they went to a cafe. Vinyl realized this was the same place that Octavia went for her date with Frederic Horseshoepin, and saw the two earth ponies inside the cafe eating the same spaghetti noodle. They decided to sit at an outside table and ordered food. They talked while waiting for their food, while eating their food, and even after they were finished. Octavia finally took notice of them, and when Vinyl caught her staring at them she thought, “Those ten bits will be mine!” Finally, Vinyl decided to take her glasses off. She used her unicorn magic to take them off, revealing beautiful cerise eyes. Neon decided to do the same thing witch exposes medium blue eyes. They closely stare into each others eyes until Octavia stood right next to Vinyl and commented “ What are you guys doing?” Vinyl and Neon snapped out of it at the time. “Um nothing.” said Vinyl, blushing.

It was Hearts Warming Day morning. Vinyl and Octavia got out of bed and trotted down to their Hearts Warming Tree. Vinyl was opening her presents like crazy determined to find a golden aPod Touch case she always wanted, but like every year, she couldn’t find a one. However, she did get a bunch of new music and laptop (which she considers the second best thing in the world). Then, Vinyl and Octavia heard a knock on the door. Octavia was going to get the door, but Vinyl canted really fast to the door. She used her magic to open the door, and Neon without his glasses at the other side of it. “ Hey Vinyl.” said Neon. “ I got the number one thing you always wanted” Neon made a brown paper bag appear at the tree. Vinyl rushed to the tree and digged through her bag and found the number one thing she always wanted; a golden aPod Touch case. Vinyl put the case on her aPod Touch. When she was done Vinyl ran back to Neon and gave him a hug. “ I love you!” whispered Vinyl and gave Neon a kiss on the cheek. They both broke apart from the hug and Neon asked “ Will you be my special somepony?” As soon as Vinyl heard that, she said one word “Yes!” and gave him another kiss, though this time it was on the lips, not the cheek. Octavia caught them kissing and said “Ahem.” Which made both Vinyl and Neon blush and smile sheepishly.

Frederic Horseshoepin came over that afternoon and the four ponies had dinner at Vinyl and Octavia’s house with music playing in the dining room. Since Octavia sat right next to Vinyl she whispered “Hey since you got a special in less than week, I oughta give you twenty bits instead of ten.” into Vinyl’s ear. Vinyl nodded. She thought “ This is the best day of my life: I got a special somepony, a golden aPod Touch case, and twenty bits from Octavia.”

Epilouge

Two unicorn foals were playing around with their parent’s glasses in living room while loud music was playing. One foal was a black maned, white colt named White Light, and a black maned with cyan streaks, light blue filly named Flashfloor. Vinyl was talking to Octavia (who now lives in Canterlot with her family) on the phone. Neon Lights came back home from work and Vinyl was saying her goodbye to Octavia at the same time. Vinyl cooked dinner and while cooking it, she looked at the refrigerator. On the refrigerator were pictures when Vinyl and Neon were young in those days as well as the wedding photo. In her young days, Vinyl had very spiked and pointed hair. When she took a look at her hair, she knows that her hair wasn’t as pointed and spiked as it had been twenty years ago. Though, she does know she is still herself and still loves Neon Lights.