one shot

-I just came to see what you would do if I gave you the chance to make things right...

Jason seemed puzzled, opening up his mouth to make some lame excuse and closing it right away.

-Rae...

-Don't. Don't start with your cute boy chattering... I won't... I can't fall for it... Not again. Not anymore.

-No. Listen. I did nothing wron--

-Nothing wrong?! -Rachel's voice echoed his words but in a way higher pitch. She was not just furious, she felt hurt.- You have been treating me like trash lately... At least now I know why...

-Whatever Rose said...-He examined her tearful eyes before continuing-
It's bullshit. I swear Rachel.

-She said nothing... Why you insist on trying to tell me lies?!

The demoness tried to find guilt or sincerity in the green eyes of Jason but all she saw was fear.
"Of course" she thought "All she could see in him when looking at her now was fear. After /that/ practice..."

The tears in her eyes menacingly felt like falling when she blinked so she just stormed off the bedroom, but the boy extended a hand to catch her, before she could cross the doorway.

-Rachel...

He said and by the touch of his hand on the bare skin of her shoulder she had an unpleasant vision.

-"Just don't scratch my record"

Jason's voice sounded in the room while Rose was playing one of the vinyls she found in the biy wonder's room.

She danced. Rachel felt Jason's heart beating faster, his hands sweating when helding Wilson.
That bright on his eyes. That way of looking at Rose. Rachel was aware that he used to look at her with those eyes. Not anymore, she couldn't remember when it stopped. And she didn't care.
"I have enough love for both of us. Enough devotion" she used to think when he stopped talking to her for days after she attacked him that day.
For Azar, she blamed herself for so long...

Jason leant closer and kissed her lips. Rose's. Tenderly, sweetly and slowly.
His heart was racing...

Rachel pushed him away from her.
Jason's eyes opened up like two moons, clueless.

She wanted to scream, hurt him, but she knew she couldn't.
The girl wasn't even capable of moving a single muscle on her body.
All she could do was staring at him, repeating that kiss over and over in her mind, while hot tears fell down her cheeks.

-Don't...cry, Rae. I am sorry... I have been a jerk to you but I was scared.

-You kissed Rose because you were scared...of me?
She managed to say before closing her eyes trying to contain her tears.

-I DIDN'T KISS HER.

-Stop lying to me!

Her eyes turned red, her voice more like a growl when coming out of her throat.
Jason stood back a few steps, and that expression in her face showed up again.
It broke her heart again. But not more than the lies. Than the kiss.

-I've seen it... All of it. You... And her... - Her lips curved up, forming a half smile that was breaking his heart now- you two are perfect for each other...

-What...?

-Goodbye, Jason. I will no longer be in your way.

-No. Wait... -Robin took her hand and held it as hard as he could, like he was afraid she would vanish if he didn't. She might. - I love you...

-I love you too, Gosh, I adore you... Your eyes, your smile, the way you are... And who I am when I'm with you. But... You changed and this is no longer ok. For any of us...

-What the hell are you talking about?!

He let go of her, upset and she looked down while sighing.

-I love you. But I'm not stupid... I just can't do this... It's my fault... For keep holding on when there's nothing left...

-You are out of your mind. -he replied and turned around- You are the one who changed. Not surprised you are such a quitter tho... Leave. Now.

Rachel pressed her lips before finishing her statement.

-You don't know what you lost... Hell, you know I was the one for you, the one who saw you...differently. But I was so wrong...

She meant every word, even when she was hurting herself by speaking those. In their relationship, in all their teasing ahe always was trying to be better than him, to show she was worthy. Just like now.
He looked back for a second and she knew he wasn't going to see her again with the eyes she loved.

This was a lost war.
But at least she had the chance to leave in one piece.
And she took it.

Rachel didn't glance back when leaving his room.
This was it and she knew it.

She might love him. Maybe more than she wanted to.
But she wasn't going to be played. Not again.

Rachel wasn't a stupid girl in love...