ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - ғᴀʟᴋʀᴇᴀᴛʜ

You ride to a stop, finally reaching Falkreath. You just did a little mission for Jarl Siddgeir. You've been helping him out a lot lately, from fighting tons of bandits to stealing mead and what next?. It wasn't bad, the jobs weren't to easy nor hard and to be honest, boring sometimes. But you did them anyway wanting to become close to the jarl and everyone who lives in Falkreath.

You carefully get off your horse at the gates, already being surrounded by the Falkreath guards. They have all been taking a liking to you, you knew that. You were already friends with a few of them. Mostly the ones who stand just outside of the gate. Whenever you come round Falkreath, the guards never hesitate to say "hi." To you. And start a conversation. Which was nice and you honestly don't mind at all.

You head over to one of the guards and being greeted almost immediately.

"Ah, good to see you again Dragonborn. Gotta keep my eyes open. Damned dragons could swoop down at any time." Said a Falkreath guard.

You wave with a smile before answering to what he just said.

"Alright. It's nice to have a strong guard like you to watch out for the people here. But, if a dragon does come. Holla me." You tease before getting a little serious. But not much.

"Will do Dragonborn." Said the guard. You both stared for a second before both heading seperate ways. You headed straight for Jarl's Siddgeir's throne room, It's kind of what you called it. And the Falkreath guard went back to his duty's.

~Time Skip~

You walk up to Siddgeir in a slow walk. As soon as he notices you he smiles. Knowing exactly why you are here. You could tell you are now in his good books.

"Ah, good to see you. Finally someone useful is around. Hmm, you know what? I like you. Your not afraid to get your hands dirty. You always satisfy my needs." Siddgeir says crossing his arms over his chest showing a small grin but once in awhile it disappears. You didn't have to say anything, he knew what you did and that was enough. He didn't need evidence. You are the only one he needs.

"Is there anything else you need?." You hesitantly ask looking around.

"Hmm. Well, there is room in my court for a new thane. It's an honorary title, mainly, but there are a few perks. Someone like you could make use of. However, I could only grant the title to someone who is known throughout my hold. You help my people, and I'll make you my thane." Siddgeir finishes saying before seeing you deep in thought. He knew you would help, and want this. But didn't interrupt you're thinking and let you take all the time you needed.

"Of course Jarl, it would be an honour." You finally say smiling. Siddgeir smiles back before it faintly fades.

"Alright, now, on you're way."

"Wait, is there any specific people I should talk to?."

Siddgeir looks up in thought, he averts his eyes from the ceiling to you and said. "Yes, a matter of fact there is."

"Ya see, there's a guy that works at the local blacksmith named Lod. He's been causing some trouble here and there about something. Asking the guards and my people if they have seen something, anything. Although, I don't know what that something is, I have other things to worry about. Go see if you can help him out, if you succeed in this I'll reward you."

"Kinda strange but alright."

"Good.
I'll be seeing you soon Dragonborn. Oh and, just ask people around if they need help. I'm sure they do." Siddgeir says before turning to go sit on his throne.

"Alright! Finally some excitement." Lydia comments behind you. You almost forgot that she was with you and that she was even there. She's so invisible to you.

"Heh, yeah." You reply with a closed eyed smile.

You and Lydia made small talk for a bit before heading out to find Lod.

-------------
Words:679