Chapter 1: Life and Death

"Death is inevitable. No matter how far you run away, it will come to you." I said finally taking the life of the man in front of me. It's been a month of chasing this man. Never in his life has he done something worthy. Good for me though, the more they do something bad during their living days, the more their soul gives me energy.
This pathetic human has given me a lot of trouble. Since the order came, I have been visiting him in the hospital but alas! his soul wasn't ready to leave his body. Today, the host was weak enough to let me rip off his soul.

'I don't understand what the Deity has in mind while creating life. Some people just don't deserve life.' I thought capturing the soul in my urn.
"Maybe the Deity is helpless. Just like death is inevitable, life is inevitable too. Just like taking away their souls gives you life, giving them souls gives me life." Came an all too familiar voice.

The man standing in front of me wasn't a friend. Infact, it was just the opposite.  I can't stand his existence. It's natural for me to hold a grudge against him.

He is Life.
I am Death.

"And what duty do you have here?" I asked all annoyed by his sudden appearance.

"You are taking away what I created. Can't I even come to say rest in peace?" He replied too calmly.  I don't understand how he always stays so calm. But again, he is a Deity. A pure energy.

"No, you can't! Do I come when you create life to say Stay in peace?" I replied harshly.

"Why would you come though? Doesn't the soul become valuable to you if the person strays away for anything good?"  He has a point. But, he is a Deity and my nature is to be rebellious to whatever he say even if he is right.

"It does. So you don't mind me coming while a new soul enters life and put a curse to taint their soul so bad that it leads them to the wrong path until they die? I am sure I can do that just fine and could care less about it. After all,  death is best served bad."

"If you don't care about them, prove it." He challenged.

"Does it look like I have time to get childish with you!?" I snapped.

"Why? Scared?" He prompted.

"Death isn't scared of anyone. You out of everyone must know that." I replied. His expression changed for just a mere second before going back to his calm self.

"I'll be there to taint the next life you create. And it's all because you can't keep your mouth shut." I declared before vanishing into thin air leaving behind a curse that would change someone's life for worst.

**********
A/N : Hello beautiful people. Soooo.....here I am with a new book. I know I didn't finish 'Through the dark soul" yet. It's just that I didn't find any inspiration to write further.
But I am planning on completing this one.

Yes I am an army and if you love BTS just like I do, then I graciously welcome you inside my heart. ❤️

Purple you. 💜