Chapter 1

" What's taking so long?"

"Nothing, nothing, just hold and stop rushing me or I'm going to leave something."

"So what if you leave something?"

Her voice echoed in the temple. She wasn't nervous but he was.

She begins to walk around the room as he nervously chucks items inside his bag. She taps her fingers and listens to the sounds around her. Calmly, almost peacefully she takes deep breaths and listens.

Not long after, she hears footsteps. She walks over to him and looks down at him struggling.

"I need you to move a little faster than that, or one of those priests will catch you."

He looks up at her and nods in agreement.

A few seconds pass.

"If you're not going to help, why just stand there? You're not making it any easier for me. Hand me that stick." He points at a stick only meters away from them.

She looks at him almost blankly then walks away.

He watched her. Confused.

"OK?"

"Do you have light?" She questions.

Her voice was soft, yet strong. It was powerful and intimidating, yet kind, and gentle. He didn't know her, or at least remember. But he likes that about her.

"I think there is some spare oil in this bottle. I'll light it on our way out. "

She turns around and stares at him.

"What?"

"Movement."

"DON'T START-what was that?"

She stiffens and freezes in the middle of the room. Through clenched teeth she whispers to him.

"They're here, I told you to hurry."

"How'd they get here already?"

"Grab your grease and let's go!"

"Got it."

He walks past her and into a hallway as she follows behind him. She wasn't sure why he had come, or why anyone would send someone for her. Him to be exact. She was considered a criminal, an outcast.

Who sent him?

She knew him. But by law she wasn't allowed to tell him, or any one. If she did, It wouldn't matter any way but, she knew better. He of course seemed different. The memory dust must have erased more than they told her it would. His behavior was a bit different and she could tell. He was her husband after all, but he doesn't have a trace her in his memory. Just as she had asked them to do.

She questioned it, and those fourteen years gave her a lot of time think if she had made the right choice. So when she saw him, she was startled.

"Lower level." He stated while walking briskly.

"Lower level?"

"Yes, there's a tunnel."

"I don't think that is a good idea."

"Do you have another way out of this temple?"

"I do."

"That won't get us in trouble."

She sighs and nods in defeat. She walks past him.

"Wait," He grabs her wrist.

For a moment, she felt it. She felt it all over again. She wanted to say it. To tell him. She wanted to tell him the moment he freed her from her cell. And most importantly, she didn't want him to let go.