Fluff and stuff

3rd POV

Jeffry leaned against a Sakura tree in a field , the wind softly blowing against the bright petals and his hair. His eyes were fixated on the saturated blue sky as the soft clouds slowly moved over its rosy, orange  surface.

Vanessa shifted closer to the other boy, studying his laid back position and expression. She pulled at his sleeve impulsively, but he gave no reaction. Vanessa frowned, turning her gaze to the sky in which Jeffry seemed to be so obsessed with.

'Stupid' Vanessa thought as she crossed her arms over her dark grad hoodie.

"You're such an idiot..."

Vanessa's head snapped over to Jeffry looking straight at her, his dark eyes bouncing off her's "Oh... um, sorry?"

"Why did you tug my sweater?"

"I was just..." Vanessa said, uncharacteristically at a loss for words "I-I don't know, you looked, um..."

"Huh," Jeffry raised one of his eyebrows curious at her behavior, not getting up off the soft grass "what's got you stammering?"

"N-nothing," Vanessa said unconvincingly, she cleared her throat "it's just I wanted to make sure you didn't fall asleep or anything, you bithc."

"Well," Jeffry started, getting up, pink petals sticking to the back of his loose hoodie and the back of his hair "I was relaxing and... you know, thinking?"

"Um... ok?" Vanessa's gaze shifted to the soft, pink-coloured petals that clung to the boy, causing her to chuckle softly.

"What's so funny, huh?" Jeffry mocked, lighter and softer than he'd meant.

The ravenette extended her hand to his neck and back, swiping off the blossoms. Jeffry's breathing hitched momentarily.

"Wh..." he swallowed, stabilizing his voice "What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious," Vanessa as she pointed to the fallen petals around Jeffry's legs. "I was getting those petals off you."

Jeffry silently cursed at himself. "Well... you could have just told me, I could have gotten them myself."

Vanessa shrugged simply.

"Whatever." Jeffry said, lying on the ground once more, making some sort of attempt to cover his flushed face "Just leave me be, jeez."

Vanessa rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say."

Jeffry sighed quietly, picking at the grass and admiring the vibrant flowers. Vanessa laid down along with him, entwining their fingers.

Both of them blushed but neither pushed away.

'Why do I like her anyway..? My heart feels like it's going to burst...'

"...Vanessa." Jeffry said quietly.

"Hm?"
"If Carol and Jewel finds out we're so dead."
"What do you... oh shi-"

THERE'S GONNA BE A PT.2 👀

It's gonna be about them getting together cause... why not 😏
🦋💕🏐🍡💝🍭🐳🦄🦆🕊🦢🦜🍄🌹✨