The Dark Before the Dawn

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. Credit goes to respective creators. I only own the storyline. 

Aged up Au. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP. Fingers groped around the end-table before finding its target and silencing the blasted alarm. Uhgggg. My head felt like someone was hammering away inside it. I Slowly sat up, squinting against the harsh morning light streaming in. I held my head in my hands trying to will myself some energy, but then the bile started creeping up my throat, stomach churning. With a hand to my mouth I scrambled to my bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before violently puking up my insides. I sat on the cold tiled flooring, leaning against the toilet with my arm resting on the seat. At the moment, I was feeling nothing but regret.

Why am I so stupid? I'm never drinking again. This just suuckks. I groaned in my head, Until last night's memories flooded back, reminding me why I decided to practically kill my liver last night. Images flashed through.

A key. A blue door. Music. Disbelief. Betrayal. Anger. I shook my head. I honestly didn't want to remember. I just wanted to forget. My first idea? Bury myself in my work, but then I saw the flaw in that plan. I usually love my job; being able to work at an Agreste fashion house was a dream come true, but today, I groaned at the thought of having to go in and see her face, but I couldn't just skip. I was a professional, I'm sure I could figure out how to avoid her. . So, I forced myself off my bathroom floor, got in the shower, brushed my teeth, and even put on some makeup to cover up the dark circles. I made my way towards the kitchen to brew up some coffee, where I found a sticky note on the coffee maker.

Hey girl! I know you probably feel like crap this morning after the rough night you had, So I went ahead and left my mom's famous cheddar and egg soufflés in the fridge. I have no clue what she puts in them but they are the best hangover cure ever. Try not to be too late. ;-) Take care of yourself and have a good day. Love ya. -A

I smiled at the note. Alya was the bestest friend a girl could have. I heated up the souffles, popped some Advil, drank my coffee and packed up some blueberry muffins I whipped up yesterday. Then I proceeded to work, sunglasses on, feeling ok , but it in no way helped the dread building in my stomach.

I decided to walk, thinking the fresh air would do me good. With my earbuds in, I let a steady stream of music flood my ears to block out the noise of the daily hustle and bustle. The last thing I needed was to add on to my headache with the blaring of car horns. I was trying so desperately to calm my growing anxiety, but I only felt the aching of pain of last night's memories. As beautiful as they day was, I just couldn't bring myself to feel happy. It was taking all my strength to not break down and cry, but my pride wouldn't let me. I walked into the main lobby of the Agreste fashion house, only to stop at the front desk where a sweet girl by the name of Amelia worked away taking phone calls. She waved at me.

"...yes, mmhm, yes, alright I have you scheduled for a fabric consultation Thursday afternoon at 4 with Celine...". While she was busy, I took the time to pull out a napkin and the container of muffins. "Alright then, you have a nice day.... Thank you, goodbye." She hung up her phone, turning her attention towards me.

"Good morning Amelia". She looked up at me with a bright smile.

"Good morning Marinette. Looking a little rough there. Are you ok?"

"I've been better."

"Are those what I think they are?".

"Why yes they are", I giggled. I gingerly pulled one out, put it on the napkin and handed it to her.

"You are literally my favorite." She moaned as she bit into the moist confectionary. I just laughed and smiled.

"Seriously, you made my day."