Chapter 1: Girl you are Hyperactive...

What !

I mean I'm 8 years old and active and I love to do something or the other.

Yes,I can't sit at one place for more than 5 minutes but I seriously can't believe my Fencing instructor told my parents that I am Hyperactive. He could have said that I am an extremely active and energetic girl however he called me Hyperactive.My mother was not a typical woman.She was hardworking. A school teacher indeed!

My summer vacation was the time of the year when I used to learn something new and different . I didn't like staying at home because either the hustle and bustle used to irritate me or the silence used to frustate me. I knew it all! Painting, dancing, fencing ,judo and cooking but still my heart was never at ease. I used to think that I am living in a fairy-tale where my miseries made me unstable and someday I will find a proper Climax to it.

I was sent to a convent school, it was the best in town!

I never enjoyed the tradition of making friends so I was alone most of the time in school and my intelligence was detrimental to my social life as it kept my classmates way from me. No one knew how tough it was for me . My mother and father,they were always busy in their lives, they never attended my art-craft exhibitions and P.T displays.

My family was trying to overcome a financial crisis and I was trying to overcome a difficult childhood. So I kept myself busy doing everything possible to keep my self away from a life full of situations which had the power to break me .

The last fencing session included a small parent-instructor meeting .My mother surprisingly volunteered to attend it. My instructor was quite happy with my performance which he expressed but he also called me hyperactive.

For me it was way too negative as he passed a judgement regarding my personality. He did not know how tough it was for me and he will never know that I kept my self involved in everything to save my childhood, to save myself from a breakdown ...

Was my participation an act to seek my parent's attention?

Was it a cry ? An unheard cry which was about my insecurities , vulnerability .

The answer wasn't important as it did not impress my parents.

For them it was a way of keeping my mind distracted as they were unable to give time to me. They didn't have time to look after me!