Sheriff Mitchell

Hi there! Thanks for giving a chance to my story. I hope you'll like it! Enjoy and, please, give me some feedback!

N.B. I do not own Pitch Perfect or any of its characters.

Yawning, Beca got out of her patrol car. She was doing a night shift and she had not slept as much as she wanted. She readjusted her belt, passing her hand over her gun out of habit, just to make sure it was there. She put her bag on her shoulder and headed for the police station. When she passed the door, a cacophony of voices was immediately heard which was weird compared to the tranquility that normally reigned there. She turned the corner to see her colleague Jesse Swanson arguing with two girls who didn't seem happy at all.

"Wow, Swanson! What's going on here?"

Everyone turned to Beca and Agent Swanson mutter "Thank God, you're here."

The blonde turned to him with killer eyes. He raised his hands in the air, keeping his eyes on Beca, searching for help. The blond clenched her jaw and turned to Beca.

"What happens is that your colleague here has arrested my friend with no valid reason."

The brunette raised an eyebrow and glanced out of the corner of her eye at her teammate, who rolled his eyes. That's what they all say.

"We have 24 hours before we have to release her." Jesse says, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

The brunette spoke for the first time since Beca was there.

"24 hours ?!"

"It's completely ridiculous!" says the blond. "She didn't commit any crime. You know you won't charge her. It was self-defense!"

"That's for us to find out, miss- ..."

"It's Mrs. Posen. I'm her lawyer and this is Stacy Conrad." She pointed to the brunette and crossed her arms in front of her.

Agent Mitchell resisted to the urge of rolling her eyes.

"Alright... I'll be right back."

The blond opened her mouth to continue the debate but Beca raised her hand to shut her up. Not waiting for her reaction, Beca took the file near the door and headed for the cells, reading it on her way.

Chloe Beale

27 years old

Primary School Teacher

Arrested for assault and battery

Beca frowned. Other than this so-called fight, her court record was completely blank. Not even a speed ticket. There were details of the assault and the arrest but she closed the file preferring to hear herself the version of the woman. When Beca entered the cell room, the young woman was sitting on a bench with her head in her hands, her red hair falling on either side of her face. The brunette walked to the desk where she let the folder dropped loudly. Reacting to the noise, the redhead raised her head and Beca met the bluest eyes on the prettiest face she ever saw. She was a bit destabilized but the cop recovered quickly.

"Hi, Miss Beale. I'm agent Mitchell."

The redhead glared at her a moment without answering but then she sighed and gave up the rough facade.

"Hi."

Beca removed her leather jacket and put it on the desk. She then took the chair and placed it reversely in front of the cell before sitting on it.