How everything started

Hi, I'm Haley and I would love to share my love story that changed my life. I live in a small town in the USA with my dad, stepmom, and little brother. Everything started when I was 17. We have just moved into our new house. I didn't know anybody in that town. The school was all new to me. Except for my best friend. She moved to this town one year before me. I was so happy to see her again. She was beautiful and popular unlike me. I have never been one of popular or beautiful girls. I have never dated anybody. I haven't even kissed someone.

All that changed one day when I noticed a tall, black-haired, handsome guy. He was with his friends by the lockers. I was passing by with my best friend Layla and I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. Layla noticed that.

Layla: You know I can meet you with him.
Haley: What? No chance. You don't have to do that.

Layla smiles, "I totally will."

The next day I was walking to school when suddenly I saw him walking towards me.

"Hi I'm Matthew, but everybody calls me Matt" and I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful brown eyes.

Haley: Hi, Haley.

He smiled. We started walking towards school. We talked all the time. Well, he talked I was just staring at him. He was so handsome. He had a great body "he must have been working out every day" I thought. His black hair was just perfect in the sun and those eyes... When we arrived in front of the school he said he wanted to introduce me to his best friend. That's how I met Jack. When I saw him I hugged him so tight. Matt looked so confused. Jack has been my best friend since I can remember. We used to live next to each other before he moved with 15. We were so sad we cried all night. And now he is here, in my school. The bell rang. Jack told me he had to go but he will catch me up later on the lunch break. I said it was a deal and went to see Layla. At the lunch break, I went with Layla to see Jack and Matt. We sat down on the grass near the school's playground.

Matt went to play soccer and Layla went to see her boyfriend Alan. Jack and I stayed and started talking. We talked all lunch break and I had a feeling that we were starting to become best friends again. Then Matt came and sat down next to me. I was in the clouds. Matt, the great Matt, the hottest Matt sat down next to me. Then we started to get to know each other. Suddenly the bell rang (I hate that bell). It's time for math class, my "favorite". I sat down next to Layla and we started chatting. Then Matt came out of nowhere. He sat down in front of me. The teacher blew that perfect moment. She started to walk towards me. She gave me a paper. Then I came back to reality. We have a test today, oh my god! I didn't study at all. I was thinking about Matt all the time. Those perfect eyes and smile.

I wrote that stupid test and handed it over to the teacher. She smiled evilly. She knew that I was going to fail. "It doesn't matter, I'm going home," I thought. While I was getting out of school Matt came to me and asked if we could walk home together. I was so happy again. I forgot about that math test. We came in front of his house. I said "bye" because my house is another 15 minutes of walking. He grabbed me for the wrist and said

Matt: You think I will let you go alone at home?
Haley: You don't have to bother, I can go alone.

But he came anyway. I was so happy. I can't describe that feeling when the most handsome guy is walking so close to you that you can feel his body's warmth. When we came in front of my house I said "thank you" he said that I have to get used to it. Then he turned and started to walk towards his house. I was standing there, watching him leave. When I entered the house I was literally dancing to my bedroom.

Days went by. Everything was great. I was going to school with Matt. On the lunch breaks, I was with Matt. On Sunday I met with Jack. While I was walking home I was with Jack. I thought it couldn't be better, but it was. One day I came to my math class so happy because I could sit and watch Matt. Then the teacher told us we would get our math test results. I was praying to get anything better than F. When she put paper in front of me I saw a big, fat, red F. I asked Matt what did he get. I saw a big, red A on his paper. The teacher said "Haley, your result is terrible. You should study more. Maybe ask someone to help you." He turned around and smiled. I couldn't believe this was happening to me.