My fingertips stretched to the other side of my bed, feeling the coldness of the fresh sheets.

I pulled the covers over my head more, burying my face in my pillow, hoping I'd be able to fall back asleep.

I turned around and sighed, looking out the window. The moon was softly set against the deep black sky, projecting a pale glow onto everything.

My breathing slowed, and I welcomed the feeling of sleep that flowed over me once again. When suddenly, right before I closed my eyes I saw the silhouette of somebody pass my window slowly, and my heart skipped a few beats.

For a moment, I lay frozen in bed. Maybe I was just tired and hallucinating.

Yeah, Hallucinating.

My heart pounding, I closed my eyes, hoping I'd be able to fall back asleep and maybe I'd wake up and it was just an odd dream.

I laid under my covers tensely, when I heard it. The quiet sound of somebody loading a gun. The picking of the lock at my front door.

I got out of bed, immediately pulling open the drawer of my nightstand and shuffling through papers and whatever else junk happen to be in there.

Someone was breaking in.

A tiny sense of relief flooded me when I found it. My black, shiny pistol my father had gotten me as a gift when I was 13 to "protect myself." I thought the idea of a teenager owning a gun was insane. At the time, anyway.

The shuffling of footsteps sounded in my kitchen, and I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Dani you dumbass!"

"Shut your ass up, I'm better at this then you."

I silently opened the bathroom door, it creaking slightly as it swung open. I cringed, holding my breath.

"Oh fuck, somebody's in here," a harsh but relaxed voice sounded.

"No shit Billie! This is what you get when you decide to raid a house at 2 A.M."

My eyes watering, I closed the bathroom door behind me.

I walked in, the cold tile chilling my feet. I shut the door behind me, the gun fumbling around in my shaking hands.

I stepped into the shower, closing the curtain shut.

Maybe they wouldn't see me. Maybe I'd be safe.

The sounds of steps grew closer to me, and I gripped onto the gun, prepared to shoot at whatever, or whoever, opened the door.

I hear a soft voice whisper something on the other side.

The handle twisted slowly, and the door creaked open.

A short, black haired girl peeked over the door. I put my finger on the trigger, staring into her eyes before I pulled it.

Nothing.

Nothing came out of the gun.

I didn't have it loaded.

The girl laughed manically, her shoulders bobbing up and down. She turned behind her, calling out to someone. "Billie! This bitch was tryna shoot me!"

A soft face girl with deep blue hair appeared. "Noah! What if she would have shot you! Be careful dumbass."

Billie turned her ice cold gaze to me, taking a step closer. She gave me a pouty face, sticking out her bottom lip. "I'm sorry baby." She pulled out a gun from behind her back.

Noah looked over at Billie. "Kill her?"

Billie looked from Noah to me, the chains around her neck jingling quietly. "No," she said. "Get the boys in here."

Noah nodded, leaving the bathroom.

I stood in the shower, sobbing. "Please don't hurt me. I can make the money, I can pay you." I sunk onto my knees, leaning against the tile wall.

Billie sat on the edge of the bathtub, staring at me with a straight face. "You know I can't do that."

Hot tears ran down from my eyes, making my cheeks wet and my nose red. I buried my face in my arms.

The bathroom was quiet for a while. Me crying in the corner of the bathtub, and Billie sitting on the edge staring at me.

Suddenly, the door burst open. Billies head spun around to face the girl with a long red ponytail, followed by two younger looking men.

The redheaded girl shifted the shiny rings around on her hand, popping a bubble with her gum.

When Billie and Noah stood up and left the room, I knew something bad was about to happen. They closed the door behind them.

"My name is Danielle. Behind me here is Finneas, and Aeris."

She winked at me, and Aeris popped his knuckles, bouncing on his toes. Finneas stretched.

"Don't fucking touch me." I spat, my eyes still watery.

Danielle looked me in the eye and laughed. The giggle echoed throughout the bathroom.

"Sleep tight," Finneas croaked before walking over to me and punching me forcefully in the middle of my face.

My head screamed in pain, and I tried to get up, but Danielle hit me across the cheek with her rings.

My head slammed against the shower wall, feeling my skin split somewhere on the back of my neck.

I wiped my nose, only to find my hand covered in thick red blood oozing from my face.

I felt a kick into my side.

"Stop-" I screamed before Finneas delivered a final blow to my jaw that sent me plummeting into unconsciousness.

My vision blurred. My mind felt fuzzy. I was so tired all a sudden.

Everything turned black.

///

thanks for reading! <3 if this gets five reads ill make a ch. 2