Chapter 1: Pilot

"Gooooooood morning Sunset Valley! It's a beautiful Monday morning with the birds chirping, not a cloud in the sky and for all you kids out there, it's the first day of the new school year! Parents you make sure you get your kids to school on time or they won't learn anything. And to kick off the new school year, here's Alvin with is new song, Bring It On!"

The radio started pumping out a hip hop song throughout the house as a man caught the pancake he had just flipped in the pan. He set the pan on the stove and let it cook for a bit while he walked to a set of stairs and called up them. "Breakfast will be ready in a minute Jessica! Make sure you have your backpack packed!" The man returned to the kitchen and went to gather two pieces of bread, and a jar of Peanut Butter and Jelly Jam. He swiftly opened the jar and smeared it over the pieces of bread with the Jam. Once both pieces were jammed, he stuck them together with the jam facing inward, completing the sandwich. He grabbed a ziploc bag and placed the sandwich in it. As he was putting the bagged sandwich in a pink lunchbox, he noticed the girl named Jessica come into the kitchen with a backpack over her back. The man smiled as she took a seat at the table.

The girl rubbed her eyes. "Morning Jeremy."

"Morning Jessica. Ready for school today?"

Jessica nodded. "Yeah. Stinks that summer's over though."

The man named Jeremy nodded as he finished the pancake and set it in front of Jessica to eat. "Yeah. But it can't last forever, you need education in order to succeed in the real world."

Jessica cocked her head. "Why is it called the real world we can go to multiple worlds?"

Jeremy went to say something, then stopped as he thought about it, drawing a blank in the end. "I'm, not exactly sure. Mom and dad always called it the real world, I have no clue why."

Jessica sighed. "I still miss them, mon and dad."

Jeremy sighed as well. "I know sis, not a day goes by where I stop missing them."

"You think they're watching us from wherever they are?"

Jeremy nodded. "Yeah. I do."

"Jeremy?"

"Yeah?"

"Are the Clang ever coming back?"

Jeremy wanted nothing more than to say that the Clang were never coming back, but he didn't want to lie to his little sister.

Jeremy sighed. "I don't know Jess, but, if they do come back, I'll do everything I can to keep us both safe."

"Promise?"

Jeremy stuck out his pinkie across the table, which Jessica took in her own pinkie. "Pinkie promise." He gave her a reassuring smile as his mind immediately went back to that day 5 years ago. He could still remember the events that ultimately led to his legal guardianship of his sister.

Flashback

Jeremy was working on the dispenser in Freddie's Bar, Freddie was pretty much the best source for entertainment in Sunset Valley so EngiCo sent their best Engineer. Jeremy looked around the insides of the machine with a light and eventually noticed several wires cut and circuits burned. Jeremy groaned. "Yeah, Fred, it looks you got some bad wires and some burned circuits."

Freddie, nicknamed Fred by his friends, arched an eyebrow. "Don't tell me space spiders got into it again."

Jeremy nodded his head. "Looks like it. I'm gonna have to take this thing back to the shop and do some major replacement. Fortunately though, it looks like the RAM chips in the boards are detachable. All I need to do is pop them into new boards and this thing should act like it did before the infestation."