Chapter 1

I picked up my face from the hot sand and looked at the broken statue in front of me. With a saying chiseled on the front of it,

"My name is Ozymandias, kings of kings:
look at my works ye mighty and despair!"

My name is Ramesses and my brother Moses...I guess that what happens when your dad is a pastor. We don't even look a like, we were both skinny but he had a lighter skin color. We get along but no one can believe that we're supposed to be twins.
As a PK aka "preachers kid" you have to live up to your "holy" standards. My brother and I act more like princes of the church than the servants of Christ.
But anyways I'm going to tell you a story of the life I had and I rose and fell.
It's amazing what money can do to a broken statue.

It all started at a new school our junior year. Moses and I walked into a high school gym where we both sat down and watched new faces enter the gym.

One girl walked in and I would have sworn she fell from straight heaven. She looked at me and smiled and I think I smiled back.

Moses had a different class first period than I did.

I got lost of course trying to find my class and ended up becoming being late I walked in the class and saw an old, gray, short man who seating behind the desk staring at me. I slowly walked toward an empty desk and sat down, not noticing the girl that I was seating next to was the girl that smiled at me in the gym.

"Ramesses?...That's your name...right?" The teacher said as he stood from his desk and walk towards me.

At this point my heart was pumping fast, I felt all eyes staring at me. My eyes glanced at the girl and her beautiful green eyes.

That's all I need to look the teacher dead in the eye, stand up and held my hand out,
"Yes...yes I am."
I said that with so much confidence, I didn't know what to do next.

The teacher moved back from me a little, I guess we were both didn't know what to next.
He gave a cold stare and shook my hand saying, " Nice to meet you too."

I sat back down and the whole class went silent. On the other side of me with pale skin, blonde hair, and huge glasses that belonged to someone who lived in the seventies.
"Dude! That was the awesomeness, wicked, epic thing I seen in my entire life, man!"

A classic nerd. I knew then that this guy is going to be annoying.

"That was pretty hot..."

I turned around to the desk behind me and saw a girl in all black, black lipstick, black eyeshadow, you get the point...

"Yeah I guess, I don't see why it was a big deal." I said staring at her black lipstick.

"Not a big deal? Sweetheart no has stood up to Mr. Bodrick. Never not in the past twenty years. Oh and my name is Michelle, but you can call me Micky"

I almost asked why but before I could answer I felt a something hit me in the back of my head. I spun around quickly to see Mr. Bodrick leaning against his desk with that same cold look on his face.

I stared at the easer that was laying there on the ground. Mr. Bodrick walked over and picked up the easer,

"It is class time Ramesses. It is MY time."

He looked at me dead in the eye and I smiled a false grin. He sneered at me.

After a dreadful class Mr. Bodrick told me stay after class. I stayed in my desk and watched everyone leave the room the girl with the green eyes placed a note on my desk. I acted like I didn't notice what she did.
When everyone left the room I put the note in my pocket.

Mr. Bodrick walked up to me, "Do you know who I am?"

Since I really didn't care about his class I stood up and looked him right in his gray eyes, "Mr. Bodrick, Do you know who I am?"

I picked my backpack up and slung it across my back. I walked toward the door and looked back at him,

"Have a wonderful day Mr. Bodrick."

As I left the room everybody in the halls were staring at me, some girls whispering, and some girls winking at me.

I knew then that my last two years of high school were going to best years of my life........I lied I was kinda off about being the best year.