The

ONE

Juliana sat outside on the balcony facing the ocean. She watched as the waves went in and out. Just like the fumes of her cigarette went in her lungs and out her nose. She had been sitting for two hours, waiting. Just waiting to see if he will show up.

She knew he wasn't going to but just maybe this time he will. She always secretly hoped.....for what though. For him to finally realized he has a wife. Even she couldn't believe that.

They lived different lives, it's like they were roommates. Never home at the same time but attended parties together. They were so good at faking it, they seemed so happy together on the outside.

But once the doors closed, they went their on ways. If he had the decency to show up on their wedding anniversary. She would be serving him divorce papers. Cold I know right.

Juliana had had enough, she was still young and wanted to enjoy her life. He was holding her back with a ring around her finger. It was time to move on, this was a sinking ship.

Sofie her maid, came out shortly to announce that her jet had arrived. She was going to fly back home and get this over with. But before she did that she wanted to get wasted. Her girlfriends Maya and Lauren always had the perfect place to party. 

All she had to do was show up and have a blast. She missed having a good time with her friends. Missed having a good time for herself. She missed being herself.

Once she got to her private jet, she ordered a  Laborie brut rosé. It was dry with a delicate flavour of berries. It was relaxing just what she needed.

Without her wanting to her mind drifted. She thought of the time when her father had asked– no told her to marry Trevor. It was for the good of the company he had said. She didn't know what Trevor's dad had said to and him never bothered to ask.

The had been engaged for a year before the got married last year. The reason they were engaged for a year was to see if they were compatible. But they both just agreed to go along with it.

Give the public what they want to see, a happy couple. So they did out there, they were madly in love with each other.

When she reached the house it was empty like always. She sighed to herself removing her Gucci heels. She looked around their "perfect home" it felt cold. Even with all the pictures of them around the walls. It still felt empty just like how she felt.

She went upstairs to her room and changed into a white Versace dress. With matching heels, her dress was off shoulder and fell to her mid thighs, showing her well sculptured legs.  Her brown curls fell to her shoulders. She looked at herself in the mirror and put on her dark shades.

Her brown skin had a slight shine to it. With one more glance she left with her black shoulder bag. What she wasn't aware of as she got into the taxi was Trevor's car parking after she left.

She met Lauren and Maya at The Heart. It was called The Heart because it was literally in the heart of the city. It is one of the most popular clubs around this place. The Heart was family friendly from twelve to six, then after that kids weren't allowed.

Maya and Lauren were wearing matching outfits just different colours. They wore tight dresses Maya's was red and Lauren's was black. As soon as they saw Juliana they handed her shot.

Once sitted the drinks started coming. They were chatting about everything.

"So Maya how's Mr Romeo?" Juliana asked with a glint of mischief. This was the longest Maya had kept a boy around. Ever since she got her heart broken by her ex fiancé. She's the one who has been doing the breaking.