Havoc 2

It has been three months since the battle on the river. Three months since Taylor died. That really hit everyone hard. Sarah cries almost every day and Mikayla seems lost most of the time. Cole and Sam spend most of the time comforting them since they weren't very close to Taylor. Though that's not to say that they weren't affected. Davis on the other hand. He was affected the most. He hasn't been the same ever since the battle. He's cold and distant. He claims that he's fine and gets very defensive whenever somebody from the group tries to talk to him about Taylor. The only person that has gotten something out of him was Cole.

"You need to talk me Davis!"

"Damnit Cole! Whenever I say that I'm fine I mean it.

"I know that you don't mean that. Open up to me for Christ's sake. We have been friends for years. I went to the same college as you. I take care of you whenever you are down. Let me help you now."

"I don't need your help!"

"Liar! You are the one that was affected the most by Taylors death."

Mentioning Taylor really struck Davis. Cole knew he was getting somewhere. He knew that he sounded annoying pestering Davis, but Davis needed to talk.

"Fine. I'm hurting. Is that what you want to hear? I watched the girl that I loved die right in front of me. Not just that, I never got to tell her that I loved her. She told me in her dying breath that she loved me. Do you know what that does to someone? Not knowing how somebody feels about you until it's too late to tell them back?"

"Davis, we all know that this has been hard for you. The girls knew how Taylor felt about you. We all knew that you cared for her as we- "

"I DIDN'T JUST CARE FOR HER!"

The others hear Davis yell this and peek out of the cave hoping to hear the rest of the conversation.

"You don't get it Cole. I loved her and never got to tell her."
"You're right. I don't know how you feel. I hope that I never know how you feel. But you being distant and cold to everybody isn't helping anything."

"It seems like it helps me though. Not having to see the girls so sad about her death. Whenever I think that I'm over it I come back, and they are both still so defeated."

"I understand what you mean. I haven't experienced what you're going through but, I do know that I can help you."

"You sound like a shrink dude..."
"I know. Sorry but that just kind of happens. Now, can you tell me why everything was scorched whenever we went back to the battle sight."
Davis' expression hardened as if he had just had a nightmare.

"I don't know."

"You're lying again."

"You know, you get really annoying whenever you keep pestering me."

"I know, but it gets the point across most of the time. Now, tell me. What happened after Sarah got us out of there?"

"The large creature started coming towards us. It was destroying trees left and right sending them right at us. We managed to dodge most of them but a piece of one got her.

"Go on. Were you the one that scorched everything?"

"Yes."

Cole is taken a back. He knew Davis couldn't control his power so him saying that he caused that massive scorch mark was amazing.

"Do you know how you did it?"

"No, Taylor died in my arms and then it was like everything went red. I blanked out and the next thing I knew I was waking up at the cave."