Getting The Role [1540 July 29th]

Apparently, i am a lady in waiting of Katherine Howard. I was told that i must act like a "companion" not a servant. There has been gossip of Katherine Howard's age. Henry thinks age is just a number but that's not a good excuse for marrying a 16-17 year old. But i guess that's just the normal age to be married. The girl does look very pretty. She was wearing a red silk gown with golden imprints. She really is taking advantage of these beautiful dresses. I'm not mad, i guess most little girls would do that. She doesn't know better after all. It's sad to see Anne Of Cleves was rejected because of her face. Hans Holbein must of done a amazing job to trick Henry. Though Henry is a pretty self-explanitory king. He's demanding, fat, and has extreme anger issues. Picture him there. I mean, he wasn't supposed to be the king. It was supposed to be Arthur. Unfortunate isn't it. However that's in the past, this is the present. Anyway..where was i? I got pretty off-track. I guess since this is my diary I should talk about myself. My name is Mary Elyza. I was born in 1530 December 16th. So that's fun. The dress we have to wear i do not like. It is very itchy. I would prefer if it wasn't so itchy and if it didn't scratch my legs i would be satisfied. But i need money to pay for our family expenses.
My ink is running out so i need to quickly write what i wanna say but I cannot say these things. I really don't like Henry VIII, clearly i am not the only one. He beheaded Anne Boleyn for false accusations. I fret to think he "loved" Jane Seymour just because she produced a male heir to the throne. But anyway, this isn't about her. I just feel nervous about me being a companion to the queen. But it's a high salary, so that's fun. Anyway my ink is almost gone so, i gotta go. Goodbye Diary.