The phone calls

Jason scrambled through his phone book to find Kamron's phone number, for he hadn't heard from his son in five days and was beginning to get suspicious. "There it is," Jason said aloud. Stopping the page he dialed the digits of his phone number into their house phone and it began to ring until there came a voice.

"Hi," Kamron's voice came from along the line.

"Kam," Jason said cautiously. "What's-"

"You have reached my voicemail. I will try to shoot you a call later, bye." Jason ended the call and let the house phone fall from his hands in disappointment

"Did he answer?" Jason's wife Kammie asked carrying a basket of laundry.

"No he didn't answer me" Jason replied keeping his head down looking at the phone. He didn't know what else he could do. Kamron and his three friends had been missing, Kammie put the laundry down and stood. She then began flipping the phone book again over Jason's shoulder "What are you doing?" questioned Jason.

"Looking for Sadie's mother's number, as well as Lars', and Cassie's. They have to know something... and I'm not going to sit around while they're lost." Kammie said, teary eyed. She wiped her face and stopped the book on the 'L' section, Leon Lush and Lucy Lush. Kammie dialed in the digits of their number, and waited for it to ring. it When it finally did, she seized it eagerly and spoke carefully. "Hello?"

"Hello?" Lucy echoed.

"Hey! Lucy it's me-" Kammie was interrupted.

"Kammie, what's up?" Lucy asked.

"Lucy, me and my husband were just wondering if you knew anything about where the kids were?" asked Kammie hopefully. The phone was eerily silent.

"No, we have not seen Sadie. We have tried everyones' number that could have known, which is mostly family members." Lucy replied sadly. "She was at school on Friday, but her attendance says she hasn't been back on Monday or Tuesday"

Kammie was filled with disappointment. "No. That's quite alright. Thank you for your time. Please tell Leon that Jason says hi." Kammie said.

"You're welcome anytime Kammi, bye." The line went silent and Kammie hung it back up. Jason rubbed Kammies back and they embraced.

"Don't worry, I will investigate more tomorrow." said Jason.

"Ok, I think I'm gonna head up to bed." Kammie said letting go of Jason and picking up her laundry.

"Will be up soon, I want to check some files before bed." Jason said, smiling to Kammie. As she disappeared up into the stairwell his smile faded and he went to his case work to search the files for the Dave Miller cases of 1985.