A Pretty Pink Prom

Duckies POV -

I walk in the ballroom with Andie. The most beautiful girl I know and love.

She's wearing a pink dress, handmade of course. She sees Blane staring in her direction, he then looks at me smiling that pretty boy smile.

I scoff and turn to Andie, "You should go dance with him..."

"Are you insane? He blew me off!"

"I know you want to! Go!!" I push her a little.

She looks back at me, a smile creeping onto her face.

I smile fakely, watching her walk gracefully towards him.

She asks him to dance with her.

He shakes his head?? Now he's really gonna get it...

She walks over to me, tears in her eyes. "He...didn't want to dance with me. I don't need him though, I have you Duckie."

My face grows a shade of pink. "D-do you want to dance? I mean, you don't have to, if you don't want to-"

She cuts me off, "Of course." She grabs my hand, pulling me towards the dance floor.

"You know, this isn't my kind of thing-"

She puts her arms around me, gazing into my eyes.

"O-ok, we're doing this." I place my hands on her hips, pulling her closer.

"Y'know, you're looking very dapper tonight. Who's the lucky girl?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I look at the ground, trying not to look her in the eyes.

She leans into my chest and whispers something I couldn't hear. It sounded like...I love you.

"Did you...say something?"

"No, why?"

Just my imagination again... I want her to say I love you, but I know she never will.

We danced for ten minutes, until Blane walked over here.

"...Andie? Can we talk?"

She pulled away and turned to face him.

I glared at him as they walked away...

Andies POV -

Blane said he wanted to talk to me... I didn't want to leave Duckie.

"You look ravishing tonight."

"Thanks, but I thought you didn't want a relationship?"

He held my hands and looked me in the eyes. "I was wrong... I was worried that people would judge me-"

"That's all you care about! You worry, and worry but it won't get you anywhere!! Duckie never does that, he doesn't care, he loves me for who I am and isn't worried about anything!!"

He looks at me with a heavy gaze.

"I don't care what you know anymore... I know that I love Duckie. Not you." I walked away from him, and I didn't look back.

"Are you ok? You seemed a little tense, was he bothering you-"

"I'm okay now... I have you, Duckie. I love you." I cut him off.

He gawks at me, then placing his hands on my cheeks.

"Duckie..?"

"I love you to Andie. It's always been you."

"It...has?"

"Always." He kisses me.

I breath him in, taking in his sweet cologne. I kiss back, feeling sparks flying around us.

We part our lips, giggling.

"Do you maybe wanna, jump this joint?"

I hold his hand. "I would be honored."

We walk out of the double doors and ride away into the moonlight.

He will always be my Duck.