Mr. G's Warehouse

Roger

Roger woke up the same way he woke up these days; on John's worn out couch, being greeted by John holding a cup of coffee. Milk, no sugar. Just the way Roger didn't take his coffee. But he wasn't about to tell John that.

John plopped down next Roger, handing him the lukewarm coffee.

"Thanks Deaky, what time is it?" Roger said sipping the coffee. Burning his tongue and throat, he never could be bothered to wait.

John rolled his eyes at Roger.

"Just after 9." John said giving Roger a sympathetic look. "You know Rog, you can sleep in the bed with me. Or the nook. Th couch isn't comfortable."

Roger's been sleeping on his couch for almost three weeks. Him and his back were painfully aware it wasn't a comfortable couch.

The rent for his flat went up and he couldn't afford it. John told him he could move in, rent free but Roger declined. Holding onto the small amount of pride he had left. That didn't stop Roger from moving in his belongings, taking over the hall closet and the nook. (The nook was a space for a dining room table but John put a futon and bedside locker, for guests.) If Roger slept in there he would feel obligated to pay rent and John would refuse to take it. So, couch.

"Got in at 4:30 am, really want me to wake you?" Roger explained, avoiding the nook.

John nodded his head to the nook.

"I'm not mooching off you, Deak's. I'll have my own place soon." Roger said rolling his eyes. "I gotta get ready, thanks for the coffee."

John sprawled out on the couch after Roger got up to get ready, letting out an over dramatic sigh. Roger downed his coffee, showered and changed into some clothes. He's positive most of them belong to John, it was hard to tell at this point who they belong to. He blew a kiss to John, grabbed his backpack and left for his only lecture for today; Chemistry. A three hour lecture at 10 am. Running on maybe four hours of sleep, this was his nightmare.

Class had started by the time he got there, not that it mattered. The Teacher's Assistant never took attendance. Roger likes him for a few reasons, but that was his third favorite thing about the TA. His second being he was a tough grader, but Roger still managed nearly perfect scores on everything. And the first being he was incredibly attractive. Brian May has long legs, curly brown hair, and is so soft spoken. Roger usually spends class day dreaming about the TA. That usually made the three hours, go by rather quickly. Him day dreaming about running his hands through those bouncy curls. His soft lips going on about chemical reactions. The way he could stride across the room in two steps. Roger was quite taken by Mr. Brian May.

"That's it for today, you can all go." Brian said not looking up from his paper. "Your papers are on the table, please come grab yours. Grades could be better. Let's not turn in rubbish next time."

Roger was pulled back down to Earth and laughed to himself at his comment. Brian never held back. Roger got up to grab his paper as he left, a perfect score again. He loved reading the comments Brian would make, also praising Roger and giving him positive feedback. Roger secretly hoped he would receive a bad mark so he had a reason to talk to Brian.

Instead, he gathered himself and made his way to the library to drink too much coffee and finish his coursework.

His schedule was the same most days, class, homework, then work. There was usually one or to days when he had nothing to do but rest and work on coursework. He lived off coffee and cigarettes. It wasn't ideal but it worked.

He sat there in the library trying to muster through as much work as he could. Tuesdays he started at 6, so he only had a few hours left. He finally left, going home to shower to prepare the night ahead of him.