Prologue

"The wheels on the bus go round and round-" Iris sang. Don't worry, she isn't that childish, she just likes to piss everyone off. Not only was she successful in her job at pissing us off, she was 'unintentionally' getting on the bus drivers nerves.

The bus driver looked pleasant. He was a tall pale man with a thick grey moustache. He wore a red flannel shirt and dirty ripped jeans. His boots were stained with something dark. I hope it was ketchup. It probably wasn't. That sent a shiver down my spine. I wouldn't be too surprised if whatever it was also stained the hook that replaced his hand. I didn't really get a good look at it when I got on the bus. It was six o'clock in the morning after all. We were all tired and prioritised sleeping for the near three-hour drive to camp.

I droned out as I stared out of the muddy window. The trees become less frequent as a small rustic town came into view. There wasn't many people out, the only people I saw were two men sitting on a porch in rocking chairs, shaking their fists at some slightly scared children in pretty pink dresses.

It wasn't long before we exited the town and the saw more trees, the bus driver sped up and we drove on a dirt road along the countryside. I started to doze off again as he quickly and sharply rounded a corner, I felt the right side of the bus lift off of the ground as we speed around the corner. I recovered quick only to be flung forward as the bus came to a screeching halt.

"We're here, " the bus driver grumbled as he opened the door and he stepped off. The three of us looked at each other before following in suite.