Chapter 1

Zach

 What would you do if you realized the person you had to kill was a CIA legacy? What if she was someone you could barely track? What if...you fell in love with her?

     "Please don't. I promise I didn't do anything!" He was a liar. They all were. "It's best if you accept what you've done." I pulled the safety off the trigger. The guy started crying and I didn't blame him. If I had done what he had done, I'd be crying too. "Close your eyes," I said quietly, "accept it. You're dead." I pulled the trigger. 

{(Line Break)}

     "Come on Goode, you're slacking off!" I pushed myself harder and sprinted around the track. Lap thirteen was done. "Let's go! I don't have all day!" For a dude who can be a real fluffball 99.9% of the time, he was being a real jerk. "Why don't you come run yourself," I demanded as I passed him. He laughed. "I already ran fifteen laps before I got your sorry butt out of bed!" Considering he got me up at five-fifteen A.M., I seriously doubt he had time. "Finish up so we can eat!" I quickly ran the last lap and came to a stop in front of Grant. "You are out of shape," he teased. I would punch him, but I was struggling to slow my breathing. "Where's Bex?" He shrugged, she told me she was hanging out with a friend today." Grant's girl was always disappearing. Her job kept her away half the time. "So is it a guy's day today?" I straightened up. "I guess so," Grant patted my shoulder. "Where would you like to go for our date today?" Before I could punch him, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced down at the screen. It was the Director. "Sir?" "How quickly can you come in Goode?" "How soon do you need me sir?" 

 {(Line Break)}

     "I have an assignment for you today Goode," the Director paced behind his desk as I stood at ease, "it won't be easy." "I can do anything you want me to do sir," I wanted this assignment as soon as possible. I haven't had anything for a couple of months. "Good, this is exactly what I need from an employee," he smiled and then waved his hand over his desk. A picture of a girl showed up on the face of the desk. Her eyes were a light blue and her hair was blonder than most. She had a face that would be extremely easy to miss. "Who is she sir?" "Cameron Morgan. She's a pavement artist and a good one at that." "I can track her sir," i had confidence in my abilities, "I'm good." He sighed. "I hate to break it to you Goode, but she's better." Anger flared through me but I kept myself calm. "I can do this sir." He nodded. "You are to track Cameron, get the information from her than we need, and finish her." I nodded. Easy. "When do I leave?" "Two hours." I went to leave the room when he called "Oh and Zachary?" "Yes sir?" He looked down at the ground and looked up with a look that worried me. "Try not to lose her too much."