[Intro]

Joe

The sweet smell of Passionate Kisses by Victoria Secret filled my nose. I spritz it over my chest and pulled my long jet black waist length hair into a bun. I listened to my husband, Jacob, as he went on about his day. He was a 27 year old blaxican, as I called it. I missed him dearly whenever he went back to the base.

I twisted my hair into a tight bun and wrapped a teal hair band on it.

"Are you listening to me, Joelle?" Jacob asked me.

"Yes Jay, I am, I'm just trying to get ready."

I pulled out my case of contacts and pulled out a pair of brown eye contacts and put them on. My original eye color is blue, I somewhat look like Megan Fox from what I've heard. Other men treat me like a piece of meat when they see me. Therefore I tie my hair up and put on a less appealing color eye contacts on. I patted down my outfit and stuck my badge on.

"MOMMY!" My 3 year old daughter, Symoné came running in with a headless white Barbie doll in one hand and black Barbie doll head in the other. She stood in front of me and stuck the head on the other Barbie doll's body and handed it to me.

"That's me" she said while smiling. I smiled at her and handed it back to her before sitting down on my bed. Symoné sat in between my legs and handed me her brush and hair products. I pulled her hair tie off and spritz her hair with a shampoo and water mixture then put in a oil made for soft hair. I brushed her slick, soft and curly brown hair back into a ponytail. She stood up and felt her hair before running back to her room.

"Symoné come talk to daddy." I yelled through the hallway.

"Yeah that's right...I'm daddy." Jacob said while chuckling.

"Shut up, nasty!" I told him while laughing.

Symoné ran into the room and took the phone away from me then ran into her room.

Recently things had been weird, more than usual. I sat down on the bed and watched the news as they went on about some type of virus called "The Bite". I just hope no one around me or family has it. Id lose my mind to know if anyone I know caught it. I hope none of the inmates, the other militants or Symoné's friends get it. I covered up a tattoo on my arm with the long sleeves and began walking down to Symoné's room.

"Okay daddy, are you coming back on Saturday?" She asked him.

She waited for a few seconds before frowning then smiling.

"Okay, I love you too, bye." she handed me the phone and slide on her book bag and held onto her Barbie doll.

"You're bringing her to daycare with you?"I asked her.

She nodded "it's show and tell."

I grabbed her hand as she babbled on about show and tell today and how she is gonna make everyone want a Barbie doll. I strapped her up in the back seat and waited for the time hit 8:00 before I pulled off.

"Be a good girl at school today...okay?" I looked in rear view mirror, glancing at Symoné as she was playing with her dolls.

"Okay mommy" Symoné said softly as I exited onto the freeway.

-Please vote and comment