The Story

My name is Lilith, and today is February 5th, 2003. I turned 9 years old yesterday! For my birthday, my grandma sent me a game and device I had never heard of, but it seemed similar to a Nintendo hand-held device in a way, just with a controller. The game was called 'Shattered Stars.' When I loaded up the title screen, I quickly thought it to be some sort of horror game. It wasn't quite as I expected, but hey! I got to make my own avatar! I named her Blaire, and set her into the mage class! I was now being dragged away by my mother to eat some chicken! I apparently spent hours just clicking buttons and creating Blaire, but I ate as quickly as I could. After I got past the character creation scene, I found I had teammates! I think they were my classmates, in fact. How they also had this would be a later question. Draco was for whatever reason was the support character, but I associated Draco with being stubborn and argumentive, so why is beyond me. The leader character was Camila, and I could understand how that name suited the role! We had a team archer and a close-up fighter, known as Antonio and Angelica respectively. We were in a forest-like area when I was called to bed. I saved my game and ran off to sleep. I awoke at about 4:26, and realized I had forgotten to turn the game off apparently. Due to this, and the odd creaking under my bed, I decided to play Shattered Stars some more. I stood and turned around as Camila pointed out a boss. Camila took my hand and ran to the kitchen area of the dungeon, where I retrieved a dagger. I ran back up and plunged my weapon into the boss' head that led to a scream, and then I kept playing. Draco and Antonia bickered as Camila spoke to my character, Blaire.

[Something was written here, but it's been smudged out of understanding with old bloodstains.]

I heard another creak, and the disgusting stench was stronger than ever, but I pushed onto the 15th boss. I looked to my right, empty bags of bread there. Angelica spoke up in the first time in ages, "There he is! I feel something awful is going to happen soon. . ." Draco spat in response, "You always fret about the little things." I felt confusion and fear in the pit of my stomach, "Camila? Why am I so scared all of a sudden?" Camila looked sorry for a moment before exclaiming, "It's alright! Everyone feels scared every once in awhile!" We faced the boss, Blaire flung herself around when I let out a scream. I looked down a saw a knife recently lodged into my stomach. I heard the boss defeat sound and Camila ran over to me-- Lilith-- Blaire-- and reassured. . . Maybe. . . Let's say reassured me, "It's alright. Stay with us. The world will move on. Even if you aren't here. The world will go on." I felt my eyes seal shut as Blaire went limp, suddenly standing up, emotionless, and determined. My head pounded. I realized I might've. . No. I definently killed my family. I don't know when, but maybe it was when that scream came out on the 1st boss defeat. Night, Blaire, Antonia, Angelica, Camila, Draco. I'll never forget the memories we made. Never. Ever. The signature sound track and the stomps of boots went into the distance as all went empty and cold.

(Try filling in the gaps of what was smudged off. Just. Try. There are many things I want inferred by the readers. What happened after? Who was it who stabbed Lilith? What was fiction and what was reality? That and more questions to make up. Enjoy.)