Yusei Has a Fever

Yusei checked his laptop for the seventh time to make sure he was reading the engine results properly. The screen seemed a bit blurry so he rubbed his eyes to restore some vision. Tapping a few buttons he reset the data before returning his focus to the Yusei Go! engine.

"Did you pull another all-nighter?" Scarlet asked, coming into the garage with two cups of coffee. She set his on desk to he could reach it once his hands were free. "I could have sworn you went to bed before me."

"I couldn't sleep." He replied quickly as his fingers tapped a few more keys. She walked behind him to take a look at the data.

Her eyes skimmed the screen quickly. "You increased engine out put by 2.5%. But it looks like handling decreased." She pointed to a blue bar.

"It's getting tricky, whenever I try to increase engine power something else decreases." His voice sounded tired.

She looked at him carefully. "Do you want to take a break? I could make you some breakfast and then we could work on this afterwards, together." His face looked pale.

"I will in a bit, I'm just so close right now." He only seemed to be half-way paying attention to her.

Scarlet straighten herself. "I'll put breakfast on then." He was too preoccupied to answer. She went into the kitchen to prepare something. While she cooked she kept thinking about how exhausted he looked. "I know he's working hard for the WRGP but he's going to work himself to death at this point." She thought while scrambling some eggs. Once the eggs were cooked she prepared some toast to accompany them before returning to the garage.

Yusei was where she left him staring at the computer screen. "You should eat, the computer isn't going anywhere." She set the plate of food on his laptop to make a point.

He blinked and looked at the food. "Thank you." He told her. She watched him carefully as he stood up and wiped his hands off to eat. He leaned against the desk and ate his food quickly. Yet each bite seemed painful, like he was forcing himself to eat.

"Slow down or you'll choke." She warned.

He cleared his plate and took a few steps to put the plate away. "It was delicious, thank-" The plate fell from his hand and smashed on the stone floor while he fell over. Scarlet managed to grab him in time so he did not suffer the same fate, rather a slow descent.

"Yusei!" She could feel heat radiating off his body like an overheated engine. "You idiot! Why didn't you tell us?" She tried to straighten him up and only succeed him leaning him against her. He was too heavy for her to try and carry by herself without risking one of them injury. "Crow! I need help with Yusei!" She called to their other roommate.

Immediately Crow came running down the stairs to see the two of them on the floor. "What happened?" He asked quickly.

"He collapsed from a fever. Help me get him upstairs." She instructed. The two of them slung on of his arms over each of his shoulders and slowly made their way up to his room. Crow lifted him into the bed while Scarlet removed his shoes so he could be comfortable. "Yusei..." She thought as she stared at him laying in bed.

Crow glanced over to her. "What else should we do?" He questioned.

She thought about what things Martha did for the children when they were sick. "Get a glass of water for his bedside, a big one, he needs to stay hydrated. I can run to the store and get a thermometer along with some medicine. Make sure he stays in bed." She ordered.

"Alright." Crow looked back at his sick friend. "It's not too serious is it?" He asked.

"I'll have to check his temperature. I think he's just been overworking himself too much. Rest is probably the best thing for him right now." She assured him. "I'll be back as soon as I can, just keep him here." She took off to the nearest store.