Chapter 1

Athena's POV

BEEP... BEEP...BEEP...BE-

7:30 "Shit, I overslept" I hurried to get out of bed and put on some clothes. Quickly running to be bathroom I brush out my purple hair and throw on some makeup. Grabbing my toothbrush I put some toothpaste on it before brushing my teeth as I run back to my room grabbing my boots and pulling them on. I already missed the bus, If I don't hurry my mom wont take me to school and ill have to walk almost 5 miles to get there. Grabbing my jacket I run down stairs to see my stepdad Ray sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper with a beer in his hand. 'Not even 8:00 and he's already drinking?' Rolling my eyes I look out the window to see my mom's car is gone. "She left about 5 minutes ago" Turning around I see Ray walking toward me. "Oh, okay..um I'm just going to walk to school then" I say backing up towards the door. Just as I grab the handle of the door he takes a big step towards me holding the door closed. He leans forward and whispers in my ear "Y'know I could always take you to school". As he brushes a piece of hair behind my ear I try to speak calmly "Th-Thank you, but I really should be going" Pushing past him I open the door and rush down the porch steps, letting out a shaky breath. I hear the door click behind me and I keep walking to the path in the woods. Pulling out my earbuds and my phone I check the time and put on some music. '8:30. I might just make it' I thought to myself as I listen to my BVB playlist.

My name is Athena and I'm 16 years old. Ever since my father died, my life has gone downhill. My mother and I stopped getting along, I think she blames me for him being gone. She met Ray a year a go right after my dad died. He is..not the best person. He's always drunk and he's always super creepy. When my dad died, my mom fell into a really deep depression, when she met Ray she changed. She was happier, but only around him. She tends to do her best to avoid me. I really miss my dad. He was a great man and I will never forget how amazing it was to feel like a family. There was always love in the house, and now it feels..cold. My dad always saw the best in people and he taught me to do so as well. Which is why I could never Tell my mom about Ray. I just have to do my best and wait till I can move out.

TIME SKIP

After an hour I finally reach the front steps of the school. Walking in I notice there's no one in the halls 'Everyone is in first period'. Quietly making my way to my locker, I take out my books for second period. 'The bell should be ringing soon' Taking out my earbuds I hear some people arguing down the hallway. 'I was hoping I wouldn't run into anyone, but my class is that way, so here we go I guess'. Closing my locker door I make my way down the hallway. I turn the corner and look at the people in awe. There were two boys, they looked like they were juniors too. Slowly walking their way I noticed they were identical twins. 'Woah' Getting closer I took in how hot they were. They both had dark brown hair that was perfectly gelled and laid back and gorgeous jawlines. As I kept walking closer I looked at their eyes. One of them had piercing emerald eyes, and the other had these gorgeous icy blue eyes that I couldn't help but feel drawn toward them. 'Oh wow these guys are hot, and perfect, and I just want to-' my thoughts were cut short as I tripped over my boot. I gasped and caught myself before I fell. Looking up nervously I saw green and blue eyes on me. Just then the bell rang and I got up and grabbed my things as the halls were filled with other students. I quickly walked with the flow of the others, and for once I was happy to get to class.