My flower

I look at him, helpless, barely breathing. Hanging onto his life by one little thread. It's my fault that he's like this. It's my fault he's strapped to wires, laying in an uncomfortable bed for hours. It's all my fault. I did this to him.
I lay on the edge of his bed, studying his face. His beautiful face was bruised and swelled. His mesmerizing eyes were closed, just wishing they would open. He hasn't opened them for days. I wish I could say that he looked peaceful, but I couldn't. He was in pain, horrible, excruciating pain. I set the flowers down that I brought him ( hoping he would wake up to see) on the bedside table. Daisies, he always had a fascination with them.
*flashback*
We lay in the field covered in flowers, looking up at the bright blue sky. I stare into his beautiful green eyes as he twirls my hair on his index finger.
"Your so beautiful, Alex."
I loved it when he called me that, I never understood why. It just comforted me.
I blush, as I nuzzle my head into his neck.
He chuckles and sits up.
He plucks a small daisy out of the ground, the smallest one near him
"Ya know, I've always loved daisies. It's just something about them. So beautiful, simple", Connor grins, while studying the fragile flower.
"Oh Connor, you and your daisies", I tease, but I find it adorable. The look of concentration when he looks at flowers is just absolutely cute.
He slowly lifts his head at me, his grin getting bigger, but he says completely seriously.
"Alex, y-you are my daisy."
I feel my cheeks getting hot as I smile
" And you are mine."
*back to present*
I don't even realize that tears are streaming down my face. I miss him, I miss him so much it hurts. I feel like it's all my fault. Why did the person driving hit him? Why couldn't the drunk driver hit someone else? Why him? Why the love of my life, why my flower?