The Present

I am sitting at my work desk in my work trying to think of the perfect present. Today is valentines day and I still don't know what to make for my boyfriend Aaron. Of course I did the obvious thing and asked, but he said "whatever". I know for certain I don't want to get him anything that you can buy in stores, so I guess i'll have think extra hard to figure it out. I don't have eight hours to figure it out.

I guess I could ask my older brother Blake for help, him and his girlfriend Harley been together for years.

I run across the hall to my brothers' room and bang on his door. I hear the sound of giggling and a faint "come in". I see Blake and Harley cuddling on the bed and watching a movie. 

"Hey Denise", Blake greets. "Hey guys, I have a quick question-" "Before you ask, do you know what your making Aaron today", Harley interrupts. "That's the problem I don't know what to make and Aaron will be here in seven hours", I panic. 

They both sit up at the sound of my voice. "The best answer I can give is make something that'll stand out, but still personal", Blake states. "Exactly, do you know what his favorite thing or hobby is", Harley adds.

At that moment I knew exactly what to make and lucky me, I still have six hours left to get to work.I dash into my dads' workshop and take out all the supplies I need.

Wood-Check, Strings-Check, Carving knife-Check, Drill-Check, and Paint-Check. What everything present and counted for I get to work.

After a few hours of work I finish the present I just need to add the final touch. I still have an hour until Aaron gets here, so I just sat in the living room after hiding the gift in a closet.

One hour later

Aaron is finally here, and he didn't come empty handed. He has a big pink bag full of candy, chocolate, and teddy bears. I take the bag and set it down on the floor and went to get his present. When I arrived with it in my hands, his eyes looked like they were ready to pop out.

"Denise, you made me a guitar" , he yells. "I remember seeing a poster of a guitar in your room and your love of singing, so I made you one"

 "I remember seeing a poster of a guitar in your room and your love of singing, so I made you one"

He starts examining the guitar, but looks like he's about to cry when he got to the back.

I carved both of our names into the back, and also put the first thing he said to me right under it.

"Aaron x Denise-Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears and straight to the heart", he reads aloud.

Before I knew it he pick me up and starts spinning me around the room.

"This is the best present I ever gotten", he cry. "Now when you play you'll think of me"

I don't know how i'm going to beat this gift next year.