Rest Only For Me - One Shot

Quick one-shot I wrote a couple months back for you guys. Its kinda based of a anime called Psycho-Pass. You should watch it some time! Want some more? Let me know.

I run down the hall, my eyes flickering in the darkness. Come on! I must be close!

 BANG.

 I thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a gun shot ringing in my ear and a distant scream. Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no… I turn my running into a sprint and my instincts make me follow the screaming faster than I thought possible. Your closer now, come on…

 BANG.

 Another round goes off but much closer this time and I can almost feel the gun shaking the earth. Ducking behind one of the countless shipping freights in this abandoned ship yard, the presence of my own gun makes itself clear.

 Detective Inspector Madeleine Rowell. Permission to use gun cleared. Aim carefully.

 The gun spoke to me in my head, in a female plain voice.

BANG.

BANG.

Now the bullets being fired were behind me, on the other side of this freight. The screaming was loader and more deathly. I use all my willpower to silently walk around the crate and I see my target. Timothy Vettal. Serial killer and riots leader. He snickers loudly before turning around from the little girl only around age 10 to face me. “Think you could get to me so easily?” Before I know it, my world around shakes and turns into nothingness. Some rest in peace only I could enjoy.