MOVIE >scene193> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Read. Vote. Follow. <3

Vivian became Fayth's muse. There was something spectacular about finding someone the total opposite of you. Someone who doesn't care that they are the total opposite of you. It worked both ways. Something canceled something out, and that was the only way to describe it.

Fayth could say the most vile things, and Vivian would soak it up like it was comedy dressed in black. 

"Where did you get that one?" Vivian asked, pointing at the vaguely familiar Emerald diamond necklace.

They were in Fayth's room. While Vivian looked around, Fayth packed a backpack. 

"Stole it." Fayth responded. 

"From who?!" Vivian exclaimed, astounded. 

"You wouldn't believe me." 

"Try me." Vivian challenged, putting her hands on her hips and tapping a foot.

"Your step-mom." Fayth briefly glanced at Vivian, searching for a reaction. 

Vivian's jaw dropped. "How did you–" She couldn't hide her smile. "How did you–? When?!"

"Okay, you really are not going to believe this when I tell you."

"Say it!" Vivian demanded, very amused. 

"When she was crying that your dog snatched her Birkin and tried to rip it to shreds."

"Oh my God, Fayth!" Vivian laughed and ran her fingers over the expensive emeralds and diamonds. "She's going to lose her mind." 

"Take it." Fayth challenged. 

"No..." Vivian stretched out the word in horror. "No way. I'll be orphaned on the spot."

Fayth turned around, leaned against the desk and crossed her arms. "Hold it in your hands."

Vivian looked at the necklace, shaking her head hesitantly. 

"Do it." 

She reached over and picked up the necklace. 

"Now put it in your pocket."

Vivian, in an unsure manner, put the necklace in her dress pocket. 

"It's yours now. Doesn't that feel good?"

"I don't know..." Vivian felt like the necklace weighed ten times heavier with what she was feeling in her chest. 

"How about this–we go out to eat, and you wear it with that pretty dress of yours, and then we return it right after."

The heavy feeling became lighter, and Vivian became giddy. "What if–"

"No what–ifs. Nobu, seven pm. I'll have Vincent take us."

"Okay..." Vivian took out the necklace from her pocket and twirled it around her fingers. "I just don't want to get caught, you know?" She turned around and put the necklace up, letting it shine in the bright light. 

Fayth didn't respond. She just stood there unmoved. Staring at Vivians back with a small lazy smile. 

What a joke.