Chapter 1

I was just walking onto campus when my best friend, Melanie, was rushing towards me. She really was pretty. I don't see why she never has a boyfriend. Her long brown hair was perfectly curled like always, her big brown eyes were lined with some eyeliner and eyelashes perfectly long and thick. She wore light-wash short shorts, which had some stressing near the pockets and a light pink tight V-neck. She was gorgeous, but I had to say that. I've known the chick since diapers.

"Ohemgee! Did you hear?!" She asked me, all giggly and bubbly.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Well obviously not seeing as how I just got here!" I snapped back at her.

"Oh, right. I knew that.." She said, her face heating up from embarrassment. "ANYWAYS, as I was saying. There's a new kid. A boy. He's supposed to be a hottie." She said, winking at me.

"And why the hell would that concern me?" I asked her, looking at her like she was stupid.

"Because silly, if you go after him it could keep your mind off of Ja--I mean 'him'" She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Whatever, I don't have time to deal with you right now. I have to get to class. Mr. Johnson said he was gonna give me detention if I'm late again. Later slut." I said rolling my eyes at her and blowing her a kiss. I heard giggle a goodbye before I walked off. I loved her, she was so bubbly and happy all the time.

I walked in class and saw my other best friend, Rosalie, making out with a random guy.

"Yuck Rose. Get a room." I said, pulling her off the guy who was currently trying to eat her face before class.

"Damn you Nikki. I thought we were alone." Rose said to me, taking out her compact mirror and red lipstick. Making a few touch ups she looked to the boy who was still next to her, looking dumbfounded.

"Hi, yeah, you can go now. You're in my spot, loser." I said to the boy shooing him out of my seat.

"Right, yeah. Alright. I'll call you later?" He said smirking at Rosalie. She just smiled. He smirked and gave her a long kiss on the lips.

"Bye Luke." She said pushing him off of her and taking her lipstick and mirror out again. He scurried out the door and to his class I'm guessing.

"What the hell?" I asked her, looking exoectant.

"What?" She asked, looking dumbfounded.

"Who the hell is Luke?"

"Oooohhhh, him? Just a guy on the football team. Why?"

"Because he was over here sucking your face off in my seat!"

"Sorry about that, but you know how I am when I want a guy to make out with. I can't help it." She shrugged. I just rolled my eyes at her as people started to file in for class as the bell rang. Everyone was about settled in their seats when the teacher walked in. The teacher that I despised the most, and for him likewise. Of course, I am smart. I'm a straight-A student, we just don't see eye-to-eye.

"Good morning class." The teacher said. In reply there were a lot of mumbles and groans. Nobody at this school was a morning person. "Alright, so today we are going to be starting calculus." He said with enthusiasm. Again, more mumbles and groans.

It has been about 10 minutes of note taking, the teacher is dragging on and on, I mean yeah I am paying attention and taking notes, but subtly. Nobody knows that I'm smart or understand any of this stuff. I was just finishing my front side of the paper when the teacher stopped talking. Not caring I began to doodle. That is until Rose straightened up in her seat and stuck out her chest, as did every other girl in my class. Curious as to what it was I looked up to where everyone was looking, and saw him. One of the most gorgeous boys I had ever seen. He wore dark wash jeans and a tight white v-neck shirt, covering it with a black leather jacket and some black VANs on his feet, I couldn't help but stare him up and down. And from the looks of it, he had seen me also. He smirked and winked at me, causing a slight blush.