Chapter 1

Ivory's Pov

I've never felt more awkward in my life. Usually people's stares don't bother me, but on the plane today, my god it was terrible. Maybe it's because for the last 3 years I never got to leave the house? I mean I did, but not often, nor by myself. Aaron was always by my side wherever I went. The first year I thought it was cute how he wanted to go everywhere with me, by the second it was plain annoying, and by the third, I never got to leave because he became so controlling. Though I'll be happier here, I couldn't help but feel like a coward. I ran from my problems, in which my mother always told me to get over and fight. Not that she is any better, she ran away from my father with my brother and I were younger. I guess she felt she should've fought or something too. I envy her though. She worked so hard for us and kept us safe from my drunken father. I think back to when I first introduced Aaron to my mother. At first everyone liked him. Of course, he was a manipulator and a charmer. I would know. Soon after my whole family noticed something was up. They told me to leave. I couldn't though, I had love on my mind. I loved him, I really did. By the end, he wasn't the man I fell in love with. I wouldn't say he was abusive, well physically he wasn't. He only got aggressive with me occasionally. Emotionally and verbally would be the better words. Highly controlling too. About 3 weeks ago I decided I needed to get out. I planned it out with my mother. We decided to move me to Pennsylvania. Scranton. Last night I snuck out around two a.m and drove to my mothers where I staid until 4 four to catch my plane. She's cutting off access Aaron has to my accounts. I'm so lucky to have her. Now here I am, standing in front of this house, which my aunt Deb already paid off before she moved into her new house with her new husband Mark, so I don't have to pay for that. It was a greenish tint, and had a gothic Victorian look to it. There is a few houses on the block that has a similar look to them. I looked inside to see a dark living room already designed, I walked over to the bathroom and looked in it, it was also designed. As I made my way around the house, I figured out there was 3 bathrooms, already set up, 6 bedrooms, all set up, kitchen, living room, and more. All ready designed. Walking over to the couch I noticed a note.

Hello my dear Ivory,

I understand You've finally left that fish face Aaron,
I decided to let you have my house because I love you.
Also, I have no need for it. Mark and I decided to design it how we figured
you'd enjoy since you'll most likely be low on money. I tried to do the whole 'Gothic"
stuff because that's what you've always been into. I hope its still the same. If not then
I'm Sorry. I hope to see you soon darling. Much love and luck to you. I hope you enjoy
this house, I know I did. I love you dearly. Mark says Hello. Anyways, tootles.
-Aunt Deb

It was messily scribbled crookedly on a napkin. She was always so happily and bubbly. Her and Mark are cute. I never met her first husband though. He died in an accident while I was being born. It was a happy, sad day for the family. The loss of one, the gain of another. I was born on Halloween, At three am exactly. no extra seconds. I've always liked heavy music, and dark clothes. Then again, so has my whole family. Minus Deb and my Grandma. Possibly my dads family. I don't remember much about them though. I walked out to my car to grab the few bags I had. I only took my clothes, shoes, make up, and other important things I needed. I walked back in and dropped them by the front door, and went out again. When I looked up I saw 5 guys in black, and 4 girls in black. The just looked at me. I'm guessing they weren't expecting me to be the only one living here in this huge house. I don't really know. I slightly lifted my hands to wave. The girls smiled and returned the wave, along with the boys. I turned around to go back into my house. I shut the door, and went to shower. When I was done, I looked out the window from the house, to see 4 cars leave the house where the group of people were. I decided to read for a little and then walked up to my room. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Its weird sleeping alone, but peaceful at the same time.