Prologue

A blonde girl awoke from bed, waiting for the sun to rise. That was the day she could finally get her hair cut, so she was obviously excited. The girl's cat jumped onto her bed, walking around on her. Iko slowly stroked her cats beautiful black fur as she picked it up and moved it next to her. The cat got up and jumped off of the bed the moment it was on the blue blanket of Iko's bed. 

          Iko heard a light knock on her bedroom door, and went up to open it, but the moment her hand touched the cold door handle, she automatically knew something was wrong. "Hello? May I help you?" Iko said in a shaky voice to the man right in front of her. "Are you Iko Renata?" "Uhm.. Yes?" The man took a deep breath then let out a loud sigh. 

          "Your mother sent me here to take you to a shelter before she was killed by what seemed like a beam. Tons of people around the world are dying very quickly. I tried to save her but it was too late. I am a rescue patrol so when I went over there she told me where you are and what to do. I am truly sorry but we must be going." Iko put a hand over her mouth and started to cry due to the sudden news of her mothers death. 'It was such a nice day today too, I love you mum, i'm so sorry..' Iko thought to herself. 

          "I just need to get a few things first.." Iko said in a quiet but squeaky voice as she grabbed a pair of scissors and put her cat in its cage and got that in her other hand. 

"Now, we must get to safety, or else our lives will be on the line."