Up All Night Singing Love Songs

(HHHH, so I wrote this back in August or early September [I think it was September...] and published it to my Amino account promising peeps that I would edit it soon and clean up the draft. As y'all can see... it's November now. Truth is, I had something in the first draft that caused me to cringe in each read-through, so yes, I can officially go on record for holding off editing for months because of two lines that I thought were good ideas at the time.

Also not gunna lie, the flip flop between Ratchet and Clank and Miraculous is crazy. The song cover that inspired this fits so well with my favorite Miraculous ship, so of course I had to write Talchet to it... [I know, it doesn't make sense to me either].

Nonetheless, now that this is edited, I can finally put out my first Talchet oneshot and experiment with how this couple works. Hope you all enjoy!)

Disclaimer: I do not own Ratchet and Clank or any of its characters. Swear to Orvus, you could put on a SoMo song cover and immediately I'll hit a creative binge. Also kids, don't listen to some of his songs until you're older, cause they're great, but also not for young audiences.

Sidenote: Italics for Ratchet, bold for Talwyn.

Up All Night Singing Love Songs

Veldin was known to be utterly frigid during the nights.

As a desert planet, once the suns that scorched the surface disappeared for the night, temperatures plummeted during the nights. Summer days would drive most creatures inside, even some Veldin-born creatures doing what they could to get away from the heat, while most nights were spent with creatures bundled up in blankets trying to get back the warmth they had been so eager to escape.

Veldin's summers were not fun to deal with in the slightest, even if you knew how to handle them.

Sticky, sweat-slicked fur lifted off the dark purple bedsheets. The ungloved hand fished the small communicator off the nightstand beside him, and an exhausted groan drew from his throat as he glanced at the time.

4:10 AM.

If the heat was already setting in, it meant the day was going to feel like someone took a Pyrocinerator to the surface of the planet.

Ratchet leaned his head back against the pillow, eyes heavy with the hazy desires for sleep. His communicator thumped against the comforter as his hand fell. A soft hum came from him as sleep pulled at his conscious.

The thought that had been circling his brain banished it back.

A tired huff blew through his lips as he rubbed at his eyes. Hours of tossing and turning didn't help his confidence in getting sleep, and as the urge to give up grew, Ratchet's eyes settled back on his communicator.

Minutes passed as the Lombax thought over his choice. Sleep, or talk...

Then again, he'd been up most of the night wanting to talk.

He thumbed the communicator message app. Far too early in the morning for video connection, and he didn't know if his girlfriend was busy or asleep.

With a small tap to the "Love of my life" contact, Ratchet pulled up the past messages.

R: Hey beautiful, hows it going today?

His words stared back at him. The small ceiling fan in his room moved just slow enough for it to not produce any cool air, and the desert crickets and Horny Toads just started their morning calls as Ratchet moved a skinny arm behind his head.

Just before the urge to sleep hit him again, four little dots popped up under his last message.

T: Isn't it near four thirty in the morning your time?