Chapter 1. The Creature with Ram Horns

Bright moonlight shone though the old wooden blinders and an eerie light filled the room with some much needed colour. A filing cabinet stood open revealing a ridiculous amount of cases, some were solved while the others remain a mystery.

A small desk light flickered on and off and the aged floorboards screeched, they had seen better days. The just as aged door slowly opened seemingly on its own.

The door stood open for a couple of seconds and then was slammed shut, even though there wasn't something that could've moved he door with so much force.

The desk light kept on flickering on and off when suddenly it started glowing bright, too bright. The light was blinding but after a while the room returned to it's darker state.

A tall figure that wasn't there before stood in front of the ancient wooden door. It had long limbs and ram-like horns. It also had a menacing canine skull instead of a human one. It held a small leather bag in his hand and he quickly put it on the old desk. He opened it and grabbed a small jar with fireflies in it and hung it around it's neck.

The tall creature gently walked around the now illuminated room and sometimes opened cabinets and looked behind furniture in search of something.

When it got to the desk with the lamp that started flickering like it did before he opened the desk cabinet closest to it. And it found what it was looking for.

It reached inside the cabinet with it's bony hands and grabbed some sort of book. It was old, you could even say ancient. The leather cover of the book was already falling off and the paper had burn marks and parts of it were violently ripped off.

The horned creature snapped his fingers and the book started levitating. The burned pages moved by themselves revealing detailed illustrations of creepy monsters and a lot of text. Some of the text was scratched trough.

The creature smiled eerily. It found what it was looking for and he looked satisfied. It snapped his long skeletal fingers again and the book started slowly returning to it's hands. When it returned to the creature's hands it put the book in the bag he got the jar out of moments ago.

"Mission successful" the creature said with his raspy voice. He glanced at its bag one more time checking if he really did put the book in it and the desk lamp started filling the room with a blinding light once again. When it dimmed again the creature was nowhere to be found along with the old book.

————————————————————————————————————————

"Silence children." Miss Hale called out to the chattering children. It was obvious Miss Hale could not control those brats. She really is in need of a break. I mean the bags under her eyes are as big as her laptop bag. And her normally stern attitude was becoming more lenient, and the kids took full advantage of that.

"Miss Redwood?" One of those little brats, I mean one of the children said.

"Mhm" I said trying my best to show as much interest as I can.

"Tommy broke my pencil!" The girl in front of me said, on the verge of tears. She held out her hand revealing a chewed on pencil that was snapped in half, ew.

"I did not!" A boy who I think was Tommy called out from the front of the classroom where Ms Hale had previously put him after he misbehaved a little bit too much.

I held the girl's hand and walked her back to her seat, next to Tommy.

"Tommy. Walk with me" I said to the 7 year old boy wearing an oversized hoodie. At first he refused but seeing as he had no choice he walked with me.