Chapter 1

'twas a warm winter day, The Sabertooth guild was loud and cheery, but not Minerva. She was sulking and sitting alone, just outside the guildhall. She was feeling melancholic and confused about life. Suddenly, she got up and decided that she should dye her hair blonde, because that's what all the kids were doing nowadays. On the way to the salon, she ran into Natsu and Lucy on their way to a nice picnic. 

"oh hello Minerva." Lucy greeted.

"hi," Minerva responded with a monotone voice.

Natsu knew something was wrong with her. But just didn't know what.

"oh..well. goodbye Minerva!" Lucy bid her goodbye.

Minerva felt so much older now that she had seen her favourite couple looking so young together. She started feeling as if she were an old lady trying to relate to the kids.

She was confused, she was only in her mere twenties, but felt like she was 87.  She then saw Juvia walking happily with Gray, she felt this surge of envy towards juvia, who had very pretty blue hair. 

is that what the kids are doing now?  she thought.

She then became very conflicted between blue and blonde. Blue is the color of Wendy and Juvia's hair, but Sting and Lucy are both blonde.

 "What should I do?" She pondered out loud.

She walked for a while, debating on blonde or blue the whole time, before finding her destination, the salon. Jenny walked out with a nice dress and fancy shoes and accessories. Then, Minerva finally decided on blonde. After all, she has so many friends that are blonde. Jenny, Lucy, Sting, Laxus. 

As  her hair was being dyed, she wondered about other topics, such as why she was in the salon. just because of jealousy? was she really that pathetic?no, she had to do this. It was the only way. The only way for her to be truly happy.

She looked in the mirror, she was beautiful, she looked like a younger, cuter, Minerva. The blonde made her eyes stand out. She then walked out and headed to the mall for a new outfit 

she found one that the store Lady said would be "what the cool kids are wearing" Minerva wasn't quite sure about this store Lady, she was older, and didn't seem to know much about the kids nowadays

she found one that the store Lady said would be "what the cool kids are wearing" Minerva wasn't quite sure about this store Lady, she was older, and didn't seem to know much about the kids nowadays. Even so Minerva bought the outfit  and went to the shoe store to buy a pretty pair of shoes like the ones she saw Jenny wearing.

She walked a few blocks only to see Yukino and Sting searching for her. She quickly dove behind a bush in hopes to hide from the two. Yukino saw some blonde hair sticking up, but concluded it was just some random homeless person and continued her search. Once the coast was clear, she ran as quickly as she could to the shoe store. Once inside, she asked for "whatever the kids were wearing and thought were cool"

"Oh, if you want cool shoes then we have these new, cool, high-top sneakers."

The store clerk was a cute, young looking lady, so Minerva instantly believed her

She started walking back to the guild. 

She soon arrived to the guildhall. She walked through the door and people started staring, Minerva, of course, thought they were in awe of her new makeover. That was not the answer. Rouge ran up to her.

"Minerva! what.. what did you do?!" he asked frantically 

" I got a makeover. don't I look great?" Minerva smiled proudly at him.

"uhm. well. I liked the old Minerva better," he said looking at his shoes.

Minerva couldn't lie. She was Hurt. She did all of that just for happiness. 

this feeling is NOT happiness, she thought

Minerva felt empty, she didn't know what she wanted. She didn't know what to do so she ran. She ran outside. Minerva then begin to cry. it had all made sense to her now.

              she was having a mid life crisis