Aubrey's Secret Comes Out

"Hey...Piper?". I say as we lay on the beach, and I stare into the sky. It was gorgeous. Pink, purple,  blue, yellow all infused into one cotton candy sky just like in the movies.

"Yea?". Piper replied; her voice as peaceful and pleasent as the sound of the soft ocean waves.  I felt her gaze upon me, but I couldn't make eye contact. If I did I just knew I would back out of it. I have to go through with this I have to tell her...she's my best friend I just cant keep this secret from her anymore.

"Can I tell you a...a secret?". I ask nervously. Oh no...what if she hates me and never speaks to me again? What if she thinks im weird or disgusting? My thoughts almost consumed me until I realized it's Piper for goodness sakes. She would NEVER think that nor ever do that. I KNOW my Piper. She's an amazing, kind person and THAT'S why I need to tell her.

"Of course Bae.". She said with a sweet smile. My heart skipped a beat and I felt myself blush. I looked away to the ocean so she doesn't see me blush but all that made her do is move closer to me, and climb ontop of me. "Oh nonono I KNOW that look Aubrey. Your NOT getting out of this one. Haha.". Her laugh was so angelic it made me melt. She smelled so sweet like a bakery. She was so close...inches from my face. Each hand firmly planted on the sandy beach floor; one on each side right beside my head. Her long blond hair framed her beautiful face. We just stood there for a second. I was mesmerized by her. Her perfect smile...her big bright green eyes. I knew I was ready...it was now or never.

"I love you Piper.". I said confidently.

"Hehe I love you too Aubrey!". She said with a giggle and a big smile as she sat on my stomach, and brushed her fingers through her hair. I don't think she quite understands me.

"No Piper. I LOVE you.". I said hoping she understood this time.

"Yea duhh and I love you too silly.". Yea this apparently is harder then I thought. I shook my head and let out a deep breath. She looked confused.

"Okay, let me try again.". I propped myself on my elbows to be alittle closer. "Im IN LOVE with you.". She looked at me with a shocked look. I think she understood what I actually ment this time.

"Im sorry.". She said softly as she looked looked down. "I just...I dont think I love you that way.". I felt my heart shatter but what else did I expect? I KNEW she wouldn't feel the same way so I can't really be upset.

"Your not going to talk to me anymore....are you?". I asked.

"What? Of course I am. Why would you think im not?.". She looked at me like if im crazy.

"Because I ju-"

"So what?! Aubrey your my BESTFRIEND your BAE! Haha.". She smiled at me and I smiled back. "Are you still sleeping over for the week?".

"Of course.". I replied.

"Welp.". She said as she climbed off of me and brushed the sand off her hands. I wonder when she will realize Welp is NOT a word haha. "We better get going its getting late.".

"Yea your right.....am I really still invited over?.". I asked as I stood up and threw my shorts and t-shirt over my bikini while piper threw a pink dress over hers.

"Yesss. I told your already we're still besties. Always have been, and always will be. Besides...every Blond girl needs a Brunette bestfriend.". She said as she walked away.

"Piper I have Auburn hair though haha.". As I chased after her.

"Shhh stop ruining it haha.". She jokingly scolded back. I can't wait to get to her house so I can shower. Theres too much sand in places sand should NEVER be. I sooo prefer pools more then beaches.