2.Crap a load of hottness

After taking a quick jog, Xander goes into the local cafe, 'Miller's Café'. He takes a look around, and goes up to the counter to take a seat. He was still panting from his jog, taking out his earbuds.

Poppy sees Xander and a bright smile lits upon her face. Mrs Poppy Miller, is here's café's part owner along with her husband, Mr James Miller. Poppy sees Xander as her one and long lost child, who needed a mother's care. Since they couldn't conceive, she dotes on this here, Xander as often as she could.

"How do you do, my Xander?" She says, lovingly.

"I'm doing fine, Pops. I'll have the usual." He smiles back, and moves his head to the right to watch the television set.

"Coming right up, sweetie." She goes back, whipping up a her best made pancakes and on the sides, his favorite crispy bacon and delicious sausage links.

As she puts the plate in front of him, she asks him, " Did you meet the new detective ?"

"Hmm." He grunts, taking a bite of a pancake dipped with his favorite maple syrup.

"That's not an answer." Suddenly, Poppy's alert signal is beaconed. She places her hand on her hips, peering at Xander.

Knowing she wouldn't let him eat in peace, he spits out, "What about it ?"

"Nothing, just that I heard from Andy, she going to live in the ranch for a while. And she is a real beaut." She says, going back to her stove.

"What ? Why can't she live in some hotel ? And please, she isn't."

Lie. She was a smoking tempting goddess who he hates but wants to rip her off her clothing and grab and handful of those jugs he saw spilling out of her shirt before.

Woah, easy Xander.

"She wants to know the inside of the ranch. She thinks this might be a big case." She tells him as she serves another customer.

"Well, it's Adele. She was rich, and had a lot of enemies out here, so many would want to have murdered her but still I don't see why we have to let that detective stay in the ranch ?"  He mused over this, something didn't feel right over this one.

He had a hunch. Staying in the military for a long time, practically his whole youth went there that made him mature over time. He knew of enemies through certain signs and tells. It warned you. However, this McQueen women was an interesting character, and somehow her wondering in his town, he had a problem. Despite the lust factor.

"What's your problem ?" He blinked back, paying his attention back to Poppy.

"Her." He bites out, honestly.

"Interesting. You never had any problem with any girl. What's up ?" Poppy leans her hips onto the counter.

"Can't put my finger on it. She is not to be trusted."

"Wee too suspicious, are you ? That's unlikely."
She says with a cunning smile and gets back to work.

The door pulled open, the bell jingled. Two voices heard, talking in legit terms and loud words.

"Hey Xander!" Andy slapped his back, taking a seat next to him.

He grunted and looked to his left and he saw Andy hadn't come alone. He bought over company. That McQueen was here too, perched on the high seat, next to Andy.
He already didn't like her sitting there.

So far from him. He immediately coughed at that thought. She didn't even glance his way and suddenly he got the urge to make her look at him.

"Well look who it is? The detective with no manners."

He takes his mug of coffee, blowing on the hot liquid. Why was he goading her?

She remained immune. Which made Xander's almost growl that he hated how easily she wasn't affected and he was.

Regina's hand was fisting around the notepad she was carrying around. Going over the notes one more time, seeing if she had missed anything. Andy had asked her if she would join her for breakfast and her stomach had groaned right at that moment. He laughed and took her to this local diner.

What she didn't know, that barbarian would also be here.

This man gave her the twitches. She always had them with guys who she hated. But along with the twitches was subtle heat which was new. However, she discarded it as fever. Keep saying that to yourself.

"And look, if it isn't the the asshole." Not taking her eye off her notes. Movement beside her stopped.

"That's the best you got? Not very creative are you?" He chuckled.

"I don't waste my creativity on creatures like you." She sneers, finally looking at him.

Andy lets out a nervous chuckle, looking between the two of them. Xander pins her hard. As if his look could burn her into a pile of ashes. She felt it go through the course of her body. He clenched his jaw, wanting to do something. Break something.

He looked away, angrily only to find Poppy smirking at him. He chided her through his eyes, mouthing 'Stop it'.

"Well, since I have you two together. Xander, Detective McQueen will be staying in the ranch for a few days now, so it's best if you keep your differences aside and help with the case. That would really mean a lot."

Regina smirked in victory, looking over at Xander who was clenching his jaw hard. He was about to talk when Andy interrupts him.
"Do it for Adele. She needs justice and that's what Regina is here for."

Xander stayed quiet for a while. Musing over the facts. Hell, he did want justice for Adele. Of all the things that happened, she always loved Xander as a son. He made sure she was safe and he let her down on that. Even if it means working with this- he still had no words for her yet but will soon, he can try to keep up morale. However, it will happen on his terms. Only.

"Right on, mate. But I have a few conditions myself."

This time Regina spoke up, "And what might they be?"

"Number one, I will go with you through this whole investigation just make sure Adele gets her justice. Secondly, you will sleep in the same room so I can keep an eye on you. Thirdly, wrap up the investigation as soon as possible so that I don't have to see your face anymore."

Why did the last part stung a bit? However, she knew he was being cautious and she didn't know him well enough to let that comment hurt her.
"Fair enough." Shocking both Andy and Xander.

"What? I mean I understand where you are coming from and I'll do my best. To make things even more clearer, I can't wait to not see your face anymore."