How to Build Your Side Business While Working Full Time

Building a business is hard.

How about building a business while working full-time?

I started a freelance business during my dentistry studies and am only 20 years old.

And I forgot to mention that my GPA was 3.92 during my first 2 years.

It seems impossible to many people, but I did.

And the secret is pretty simple. I know what I have to do and I do it. But there is a little more behind it.

In this post, you will learn which 3-step planning method I know what I need to do and how to take targeted action to achieve more in less time.

The result? You can build your business, even if you do not have much free time.

The 3-tier planning method

Your time is limited. That is why planning is very important.

Because planning can be complicated and I face certain problems from time to time, I have developed a simple process that helps me to plan things and move in the right direction. I call it the "3-tier planning method".

The 3 levels are:

The 100,000-foot view

The 10,000-foot view

The 100-foot view

Let's get closer to these.

Note: I have created a simple checklist to help you use this planning method. So make sure you grab your checklist and then read this post.

The 100,000-foot view

Here you can see the overall picture. I like doing it every quarter or every 100 days.

So you set a goal that you want to achieve in the next quarter and write a detailed plan of how you want to achieve it.

Take an example:

Objective: Create a product and sell it within 90 days

Steps:

Brainstorming product ideas

Confirm the idea by interacting with people in an FB group

Sketch the course

Record each module

Set up a membership page

Set up an order form

Create a sales page

Make a discount on my email list and get the first 10 customers

Now we have the 100,000-foot view. This will give you a clear overall picture and can make sure you get it done on time.

The 10,000-foot view

Once you get an overview, you need to know what tasks you need to do in the next two weeks. I like this timeframe because it's not so long that you lose focus, but still leaves enough time for the iteration as you continue. <a> The Best Gossip</a>

This is how you define the tasks that you have to do in the next 2 weeks so that you are not overwhelmed by the overall overview.

The above example continues, and here is a simple plan with a view of 300 meters

Brainstorming product ideas

Confirm the idea

Have a simple overview for the first 2 modules

The reason I have added this level is that you do not spend too much time doing the first tasks. This would cause the deadline to approach and you are still a long way from your main goal. You will spend much more time reaching that goal.

The 100-foot view

Now set your daily tasks. You see what you need to do and plan your day accordingly.

For the above example:

Brainstorming product ideas

Start interacting with a group to know what they want

Now you know what you need to achieve at the end of the day.

When you return from your job, you know the tasks that you need to do. Your job now is to do it.

You have seen what the planning method consists of. Now I'd like to give you a tip on how you can actually do your daily tasks. So I do more in less time:

The "Up Pomodoro" technique for more power

Now that you know the exact tasks that you need to work on, you really need to do them.

The Pomodoro technique is a great way to do more in less time and with more focus.

If you are unfamiliar with the Pomodoro technique, spend 25 minutes focusing on one task. Then pause for 5 minutes and repeat this cycle four times, then take a longer break.

In this way, you can eliminate the distraction that is the most important element for more power.

But what does the "Up" in "Up Pomodoro" mean?

The people at the Muse discovered something they call the rule of 52 and 17.

They found that people who work 52 minutes and take a break of 17 minutes are the most productive people.

So I started using it and the results are amazing. For the sake of simplicity, I now work 50 minutes and take a break of 10-15 minutes. The thing is, you combine 2 cycles of the Pomodoro technique. <a> Good Friday images</a>

By using the three-step planning process and the Up Pomodoro technique, I know what I need to do and can work on it without being distracted. This is the simple process that helped me build my business while studying dentistry.

And to get the same results, I'll create a simple checklist that will allow you to apply the techniques I shared in today's release and increase your productivity by 300%.