1 | Parting with You

Read with the music for better immersive experience :D

♬♩♪♩

"My insensitive heart, your insensitive heart that was one time

Just a moment to blame myself, blame her,

For having loved her." -Reminisce about All, ONEWE.

♩♪♩♬

Seoul, South Korea

6:00 PM, Thursday

 "Hello?" You answered the phone without checking the caller ID.

KH: "Y/n-ah," the sound of your boyfriend's voice was emitted from the other line.

You smiled to yourself when you realized it was him.

KH: "Y/n-ah, I'll be outside in five minutes, alright?"

You nodded before remembering that you were on the phone.

"Okay, I'll see you then!"

Your boyfriend was taking you out tonight. Every date with your boyfriend was special to you, but this one carried a particular significance. The next day, he was leaving on a business trip, and he would be gone for several months.

At first, he had been reluctant to go, but since it was an invaluable opportunity for him and his career, he had decided to take it on the condition that the two of you spoke every day that he was gone. You weren't too concerned about his trip's effect on your relationship. The two of you had been dating for over a year and were so close that not even distance could separate you.

When the doorbell sounded, you grabbed your purse and opened the door to your boyfriend.

KH: "Jagiya!" He broke into a grin at the sight of your face and leaned in to kiss you on the cheek.

"Yah!" You complained as you closed the apartment door behind you, not minding one bit.

He had kept the location of your date a secret until that night, but he ended up taking you to dinner at a nice restaurant. You both shared a wonderful dinner and many laughs, and once he had finished paying the bill, he announced that your date was not quite over yet.

"What do you mean?" You asked him, puzzled.

KH: "There's still one more place we have to go."

He claimed that your destination was within walking distance, and you spent the entire walk wondering where you could possibly be going. You had already eaten, so you weren't sure what he had planned.

Finally, he stopped walking at a park bench, and you grabbed his hand tightly as you nearly collided with him. You were silent.

KH: "Jagiya, do you remember this place?"

You nodded, leaning into him.

"How could I forget? This is where we came on our first date."

KH: "We ate our ice cream sitting there, and a little boy came up and stole mine," he chuckled.

You joined in his laughter.

"Your expression was so funny. You looked like you couldn't decide whether to be angry or amused. That was the moment I decided I liked you, you know."

You looked up at him, your tone softening.

He gazed back down at you as though you were the most precious thing in the world. There was no need for words at that moment, and he kissed you next to the park bench before leading you back to his car.