Chapter One: The Beginning

It was true what they have said, "you can't always have what you want" but in reality, if one's lucky, you might have a glimpse, and after all, it is still better than nothing, right?
I didn't know that the glimpse I was blessed to have would affect me to this day.

My story started by me, Sasha Sparkle, winning a ticket for a two-week visit to Russia, one may ask, how and why did I win?... Well, for those who don't me, ( and I'm quite certain that it's many) I'm considered a book worm by my peers and a young girl who enjoyed nothing more than simply spending her time in the clouds, by myself; however, I only read novels written by my favourite author " Fyodor Dostoevsky" a Russian writer that I'm sure you might read more about him after this.

But back on answering the questions, On the last day of November our public library made a contest, well, it wasn't a real contest, it was just luck and destiny that made me win, you see, they have placed two tickets in only two books, and one of the tickets was in a book called " Humiliated and Ashamed" by F.D, a book that I only wanted to borrow and instead have started my journey.

Who was the other winner you might ask?
It was a guy who by accident was also Russian, until this day I don't know what book he has borrowed, but it was the winner's book.

After we knew more about the contest, and knew where we are heading, it was just a delight, I was so thrilled that I might have a chance to meet an author that I always read for and admired, and for the other winner, it was a free ticket home.